One more of the A40E

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
Still taking advantage of some of the decorative ideas that are all around for the fall. This is my PRS SE A40E. Love the way this one sounds and feels to play. She will be on the album that will be coming out soon.

img_2373_copy_by_klbryanphotography_dfgo2uk-fullview.jpg

Last edited:
Love that!
Everyone is all sorts of festively fall decorated. So I have been snapping pix of guitars in front of those as backgrounds. Only posted this one, and my CU22 here because the other pix of of other brands. :rolleyes:

Everyone is all sorts of festively fall decorated. So I have been snapping pix of guitars in front of those as backgrounds. Only posted this one, and my CU22 here because the other pix of of other brands. :rolleyes:
The fall colors have been spectacular this year. I took a ton of aerial video that I’ll be putting some guitar tunes to and posting when time allows.

Still taking advantage of some of the decorative ideas that are all around for the fall. This is my PRS SE A40E. Love the way this one sounds and feels to play. She will be on the album that will be coming out soon.

img_2373_copy_by_klbryanphotography_dfgo2uk-fullview.jpg
Beautiful guitar, but...

How do you know it's a girl?

I mean, sure, there's a soundhole, but that's the mouth, since sound comes from the resonant cavity beneath the hole, as with your mouth. That is assuming we're talking anthropomorphism here.

As to the tree itself, spruce is monoecious, meaning it's either male or female but not both. How do you know what your top is?

I have no idea whether you can tell simply by looking at the wood!

Mahogany is monoecious, meaning the tree is either a boy or a girl, woman or man. Can you tell from looking at a piece o' wood? Hell no!

Then there's the rosewood stuff. Couldn't find any info at all on whether that's monoecious or dioecious (both sexes).Some species are both. I don't know what species were used in the plywood parts, so there's another question. Lots of birch is diecious, in other words, both sexes.

So I'm checking the 'I self-describe as' box and typing in 'WTF' on the line, when it comes to this guitar's sex. ;)

Back