One last upgrade needed on S2 CU22 - Tuners!

S2C22

I can't seem to find direct, drop-in replacement tuners my S2 Custom 22. I DO NOT like the factory tuners. I hate the cheap feel, and screws on top that end up on the floor when I do string changes, and cleaning of the headstock during maintenance. I've seen some Graph Techs that seem like a drop-in? Any others? I prefer the sturdier underneath thumb wheel design!

I can't imagine changing them out, but you do you.

I think they're just standard 10mm ream so sky's the limit on options.

Not really. It's a single pin design with no mounting screw. Not many "drop-in" replacements I've found. The Schaller M6 would work, but I think most have 2 pins.

As I said, it's strictly personal preference. I don't like them!

I can't seem to find direct, drop-in replacement tuners my S2 Custom 22. I DO NOT like the factory tuners. I hate the cheap feel, and screws on top that end up on the floor when I do string changes, and cleaning of the headstock during maintenance. I've seen some Graph Techs that seem like a drop-in? Any others? I prefer the sturdier underneath thumb wheel design!

It’s your guitar; by all means equip it the way you like!

You probably know this, but the screws on top are even on PS builds. If you don’t unscrew them too far, they stay in fine. It’s a very easy-to-use locking system.

However, no one says you have to like it. There are plenty of others out there!

Back