Once more into the breach...

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
Well, so I didn't last too terribly long into my determination to woodshed like crazy on becoming a better lead player, and then form or join a jam band. I REALLY miss having a band...so I was perusing Craigslist and found a moderately local classic rock band looking for a rhythm player with backing vocals. That role has suited me just fine in the past...so I'm going over to jam and see how it fits on Thurs eve.

Wish me luck!!!

I wanted to do the same thing a few years back. Never found a fit in my area. I did find one band and we were starting to gel after a few practice sessions and then the lead singer took the other guitarist in a mutiny to another group worse than we were, but he got to be the boss. I just stopped at that point.

Good luck with your search.

Well, so I didn't last too terribly long into my determination to woodshed like crazy on becoming a better lead player, and then form or join a jam band. I REALLY miss having a band...so I was perusing Craigslist and found a moderately local classic rock band looking for a rhythm player with backing vocals. That role has suited me just fine in the past...so I'm going over to jam and see how it fits on Thurs eve.

Wish me luck!!!
All the best of luck mate!

I wanted to do the same thing a few years back. Never found a fit in my area. I did find one band and we were starting to gel after a few practice sessions and then the lead singer took the other guitarist in a mutiny to another group worse than we were, but he got to be the boss. I just stopped at that point.

Good luck with your search.
Some people suck.
And that sucks.

Good luck! I went though what you are going through for several years starting about 15 years ago. What I found were groups composed of pretty much professional musicians who wanted someone who could hit the ground running with their entire song catalog or guys like me who had demanding careers and children who really did not have the time to commit to a band, but wanted to play. I finally gave up and did the jam scene to get my music fix.

I recently retired early and would like to play more. I do not need the money. I did not need it back when I was searching for a group. I am just looking for musicians who have grown up and understand the value of compromise. Being in a group means doing your best to perform songs well that you personally cannot stand to play. An example of such a song for me is "Roadhouse Blues." That song bored me to tears, but we had a harp player and vocalist who loved playing and singing it, so I did my best to make him shine. There have been other songs in other groups that did not trip my trigger, but I have to say "Roadhouse Blues" was the worst for me.

Good luck! I went though what you are going through for several years starting about 15 years ago. What I found were groups composed of pretty much professional musicians who wanted someone who could hit the ground running with their entire song catalog or guys like me who had demanding careers and children who really did not have the time to commit to a band, but wanted to play. I finally gave up and did the jam scene to get my music fix.

I recently retired early and would like to play more. I do not need the money. I did not need it back when I was searching for a group. I am just looking for musicians who have grown up and understand the value of compromise. Being in a group means doing your best to perform songs well that you personally cannot stand to play. An example of such a song for me is "Roadhouse Blues." That song bored me to tears, but we had a harp player and vocalist who loved playing and singing it, so I did my best to make him shine. There have been other songs in other groups that did not trip my trigger, but I have to say "Roadhouse Blues" was the worst for me.

Funny thing - I hate The Doors. Like with a white hot passion of burning hate. I got convinced to do Roadhouse Blues in a band I was in w short while ago, and I actually enjoy playing it. It's much more acceptable when I don't have to hear Morrison.

Well, I played well and my tone was excellent, if I do say so myself. The Vela Semi-Hollow through the Tie Dye Tower sounded great in a band mix, and I loves my rig.

They want me. I'm going to go back, but am still a bit undecided.

Back