On the road to disease freedom

D-Day (dining day) will be April 15th for us. PA is going to 75% capacity, but six foot distance between tables still required. I think most restaurants won’t be able to do this, unless they’re huge.

I'm not sure what the occupancy limit is here in NY. I think it goes by what the County infection levels are. We've been out a few times and I'll be honest, I like that the restaurants are not packed to the gills. It's quieter, it's more comfortable as things are more spread out. The thing I find a bit odd, is the lack of salt, pepper and or other condiments on the table. I understand why they do that but it is just weird not having those things there.

Don't get psyched out

HLmaidT.jpg

D-Day (dining day) will be April 15th for us. PA is going to 75% capacity, but six foot distance between tables still required. I think most restaurants won’t be able to do this, unless they’re huge.
I am in PA as well.

There isn’t questioning your intelligence; I’m wondering why that white truck of yours that says “Good Humor,” is driving through town if there aren’t security agents running alongside it?
Code name “hard hat!”

Going to dine out in an inside environment tonight for the first time since the outbreak. :eek:

Best of luck! I'm still waaaaay too cautious to try that yet. I'm looking forward to just inviting over my parents and a few cautious friends (not at the same time!) and cooking for them after we're all fully vaccinated.

I still have bad dreams about any public space with people not wearing masks.

My arm is sore but that’s about it. Looking forward to the second one, even if it knocks me on my @ss.

Planning on the second jab Wednesday of next week, and I've scheduled the following two days off. I just need the downtime, even if I don't feel like crap. I have 20+ things on my work calendar just on Thursday and Friday most weeks. :mad:

My jag hasn’t caused any adverse effects. Not even a sore arm! I’m wondering if I got the placebo.
My arm felt fine for a while, then got pretty stiff about 12 hours afterwards. That lasted maybe a half day.

Got my second Moderna yesterday. Baby boy brought home a cold from daycare, so I’ve got that and the side-effects from the shot. Probably not the best decision to do the shot yesterday, but with case counts rising and the British variant becoming the dominant one locally... I decided to take my chances.

So far, my arm is sore, I’ve got occasional chills, I slept like crap, and I’m tired. Not so bad, all things considered. Better than a flu shot, for me.

Now I just have to grapple with the pressures of my in-laws. They want to come out for baby boy’s first birthday. Every visit we did last year was worse than the last. They see things differently than I do, which is okay. Agreeing to limit what they do for a couple of weeks before visiting, then blowing that off and lying to me about what they’ve done? That’s long-term relationship harm, unfortunately.

My girlfriend had worse arm soreness from the second shot than the first, then developed a fever 24-30 hours later. It spiked above 103F and was down to 99.4F this morning. All I had was very minor arm soreness. You never know.

Not so much side effects here. Some fatigue, perhaps a little tenderness at the injection site. Blurry eyes have subsided, not as many floaters (cooler air temperatures likely the reason).

Like having a couple mojitos on the patio and forgetting that the sunshine will make you all warm and fuzzy...

Back