On the road to disease freedom

Your concern is appreciated. My personal feeling is that we need to be prepared in case of such an event. Keeping vigilant is one thing; preparing for what could happen shows insight. What I'm not suggesting is gloom and doom. People need to understand that we're not out of the forest until there is a cure for this sickness and what could occur.

For example, I've not yet seen a cure for hoof & mouth, have you?
i agree with you. the current vaccines do not cure the disease, they only reduce the effects on the individual. The disease can still spread and still mutate, just like the Flu. The only cure for hoof in mouth disease is to stop licking horses feet after they come back in the barn,

i agree with you. the current vaccines do not cure the disease, they only reduce the effects on the individual. The disease can still spread and still mutate, just like the Flu. The only cure for hoof in mouth disease is to stop licking horses feet after they come back in the barn,

Um, not sweating the details regards this, but thanks for playing our game...:D

Your concern is appreciated. My personal feeling is that we need to be prepared in case of such an event. Keeping vigilant is one thing; preparing for what could happen shows insight. What I'm not suggesting is gloom and doom. People need to understand that we're not out of the forest until there is a cure for this sickness and what could occur.

For example, I've not yet seen a cure for hoof & mouth, have you?

Neigh

FWIW they have just found a double variant of the virus in India, seems this virus is hell bent on surviving no matter what we try to do.

I think what we have at the moment will be the norm for the rest of the year, vaccines are great but as stated by Wakester above, it is not a cure, just a prevention of contacting Covid up to a certain extent.

It was year yesterday that we had our first lockdown in the UK, coming to the end of a third one in two weeks time, I will bet money on that this will not be the last of them.

I'm going on 24 hours in from the first Pfizer dose. Had a weird hot flash about 5 minutes after the shot that passed in another 5 minutes. Arm hurt somewhat all night and still does - feels like I did 2 too many sets at the gym, but very focused in a small spot. So far that's it....
50 Chair pushups, two sets tonight and two tomorrow. Shoulder will be fine.

We got a different vaccine, but we both got nauseous about 12-15 hours after the shot, and both only for an hour or so, and then were fine. No other symptoms.

Scheduled next week 2nd vaccination. Dental appointment scheduled same day has been rescheduled to following week. Provider said he was able to secure a chair for the dental appointment several days following so that I not need worry about any residual vaccine side-effects. (Many thanks in advance; will have time to R&R before the dental appointment so my immune system will be back online again)

50 Chair pushups, two sets tonight and two tomorrow. Shoulder will be fine.

We got a different vaccine, but we both got nauseous about 12-15 hours after the shot, and both only for an hour or so, and then were fine. No other symptoms.

The idea of 200 pushups over two days made me a little nauseous.

That's an awful lot of these.

push-up.jpg

My glucose is going to be sky high, but if that's what it takes...

I also qualify to get a shot because of BMI. Admittingly I did gain a couple of pounds in the last year. I am in the next group in VA to qualify based upon essential services. Unlike Alan, it seems we don't have any free doughnut offers. I guess that's a good thing though.

I also qualify to get a shot because of BMI. Admittingly I did gain a couple of pounds in the last year. I am in the next group in VA to qualify based upon essential services. Unlike Alan, it seems we don't have any free doughnut offers. I guess that's a good thing though.

Krispy Kreme nationwide. Fortunately the closest one to me is an hour away.

I told my wife we should take the ride. She said, “For a free doughnut? Doesn’t that seem, I don’t know, STUPID?” (You could hear the capitalization.)

I said, “There’s also a Cinnabon there.”

We ride at dawn.

Krispy Kreme nationwide. Fortunately the closest one to me is an hour away.

I told my wife we should take the ride. She said, “For a free doughnut? Doesn’t that seem, I don’t know, STUPID?” (You could hear the capitalization.)

I said, “There’s also a Cinnabon there.”

We ride at dawn.

Go get 'em, Kemosabe...

UJhb8tu.gif

Mine is booked for 03/31 we’ll see what the UK version is like.

As @NazgulUK says this thing is a complex viral disease which will mutate.

I don't have a non-doughnut holding arm. I can hold two doughnuts in each hand, which means I can carry always five at a time.

Four filled donuts and one ring donut!

Hopefully, J&J will have countermeasures for their vaccine set aside for future mutations of this virus.

Back