On the road to disease freedom

danktat

Award winning tattoo artist ... Amateur guitarist
Yes sir! The first of my doses of the Pfizer-Fauci-Ouchie! One more to go!

Rehearsals, playing out, you know, disease freedom is right around the corner! :cool::D

162419951_10165006367110331_3165083237667383245_o.jpg

Last edited:
I got in on, of all things, OBESITY!!!! Yes that's right, obesity. Because Body Mass Index in not the same as Body Fat Percentage. So, for my height, I weigh too much apparently.

Hey, whatever......just give it to me. :D
I could get in on that, too. But I’m in Illinois, and a couple of counties, plus the city of Chicago haven’t opened up for “at risk” groups yet. Thinking about a 6 hour round trip to get it.

Really?!?
That’s a load of crap. They let friggin’ SMOKERS get shots in the second group here in Jersey.
(I’m also diabetic and was included in the second group)
Yep, still front line workers and 65+ in, and around Chicago. Blows! Frickin’ people in jail can get it.

They let friggin’ SMOKERS get shots in the second group here in Jersey

I have asthma, and didn't include me in group 1a. But SMOKING would have. And OBESITY did. So a couple of things that are usually based on poor lifestyle choices will bump people to the front of the line.....while someone with a respiratory disease that can't be "quit" or "exercised out of" does NOT :mad: Not sure who came up with that, but hey, at least I got mine.

Yes. The way this one is run is that you have to schedule your first and second doses at the same time in order to get in. I am scheduled for April 10th to go back for the next one.

Good. Local out-patient hospital did the same here. Only concern is I've got a dental appointment right after the Covid shot, same facility. Was worried my immune system might be down. Provider reassured me he could reschedule the following Monday if other providers aren't occupying the space the same day.

If all goes well, I might celebrate if no symptoms occur (they didn't last time). That, plus no symptoms from dental.

Every dose that goes in an arm is one step closer to the end of this thing! Around my neck of the woods, there were more vaccination appointments than takers last week, and I think eligibility is going to get a lot broader soon.

Yes. The way this one is run is that you have to schedule your first and second doses at the same time in order to get in. I am scheduled for April 10th to go back for the next one.

When I got my first shot (yay diabetes?), the place we scheduled with only scheduled the first appointment. When we got there, before we even got to the registration desk, there was someone to tell us the second shot would be three weeks from that day, same time, can you be here? I assume if not, we wouldn’t have gotten the shots. Ten days to go. A while longer before I’m willing to sit in a restaurant or club with a bunch of idiots who don’t think this is real.

Every dose that goes in an arm is one step closer to the end of this thing! Around my neck of the woods, there were more vaccination appointments than takers last week, and I think eligibility is going to get a lot broader soon.

In this case, there's 2 schools of thought. Flood the market and hospitals with vaccine and hope that healthcare workers can stand the workload; or do this in orderly fashion. Produce as much vaccine and be sure that all eligible patients can receive their vaccinations by providing supportive services that can schedule the appointments, or try and ship as much vaccine and store the vaccine until it needs administering.

Here's the kicker: There are only limited points of administration that can store a limited amount of vaccine at any given time. To increase the number of administration points would require increased storage, which might introduce the possibility of theft, fraud, or other criminal actions. By limiting administration points, you reduce the chance of financial loss because of criminal activity.

Since all eligible recipients have been promised free vaccine, would it make more sense to stay on the side the side of the law, and let the law handle the criminal element, while honest citizens can sit back and enjoy the knowledge that they did the correct thing?

When I got my first shot (yay diabetes?), the place we scheduled with only scheduled the first appointment. When we got there, before we even got to the registration desk, there was someone to tell us the second shot would be three weeks from that day, same time, can you be here? I assume if not, we wouldn’t have gotten the shots. Ten days to go. A while longer before I’m willing to sit in a restaurant or club with a bunch of idiots who don’t think this is real.

I think we got a slightly different message there, we got told "schedule your second shot for April 7" (three weeks on), and they were not turning people away. I think we were behind somebody who had shown up without an appointment and without showing eligibility. So we waited 10-12 minutes while they dealt with formalities and did the injections on that car in front of us. The lines were short, I don't think there were more than 3 or 4 cars in front of us until after we'd received the shots and were waiting in the "honk your horn and flash your lights if anybody feels bad" line.

I've been assiduously avoiding restaurants and gyms for the last 12 months, since those in my mind are the highest-risk places I'd be likely to go to. It'll feel so good when I think it's OK to sit down in a booth and order burgers and beer!

My mixed pandemic blessing: I got an invitation to participate in Zoom karate classes with a very excellent (and tough!) instructor who has helped me improve more in a few months than I have in a few years with my local instructor. Going back to the local dojo will mean I no longer get to train in a class of high-level black belts and have to deal with the local twerps...

Going back to the local dojo will mean I no longer get to train in a class of high-level black belts and have to deal with the local twerps...

I am by no means "high level" but I am shodan. At least as of 2009 (though I haven't been in there in the past four or five years)

1917146_373092180330_1737830_n.jpg

1917146_375808050330_7083610_n.jpg

76533_10150336296820331_5961996_n.jpg

Back