On the road to disease freedom

I am by no means "high level" but I am shodan. At least as of 2009 (though I haven't been in there in the past four or five years)

1917146_373092180330_1737830_n.jpg

1917146_375808050330_7083610_n.jpg

76533_10150336296820331_5961996_n.jpg

I'll bow to anyone of Dan rank in a Japanese style. IIRC, you're jiu jitsu?

I could get in on that, too. But I’m in Illinois, and a couple of counties, plus the city of Chicago haven’t opened up for “at risk” groups yet. Thinking about a 6 hour round trip to get it.
IL is a little messed up. We will get there, and back at it soon bodia. Then it'll be time to jam!

Apparently 1/3 of the population in my region are essential workers, so I come after them.
Unless I want to get the AstraZeneca vaccine that the US and parts of Europe don’t want to use and am willing to chase down a drug store that got some of those rejected vials. You get to jump the age line for it.

I could get in on that, too. But I’m in Illinois, and a couple of counties, plus the city of Chicago haven’t opened up for “at risk” groups yet. Thinking about a 6 hour round trip to get it.
I had a four hour round trip because the state capitol thinks of itself as Rome and thus appropriates resources. Had I not driven to the Valley Of The Sun I wouldn't have even had my first shot yet.

Just do it.

Arm was killing me after the first four or five hours after getting it. But, here we are 48 hours later and it "almost" feels back to normal. I didn't experience any other kind of sickness on this first dose. We will see how that second one does. Word on the streets is that it is worse. We shall see.

Arm was killing me after the first four or five hours after getting it. But, here we are 48 hours later and it "almost" feels back to normal. I didn't experience any other kind of sickness on this first dose. We will see how that second one does. Word on the streets is that it is worse. We shall see.
Mine didn't really hurt until the next day, yesterday was rougher with the pain, today it's gone.

Dank,

Which vaccine did you receive again? Reason for my asking is that I've got a dental appointment the same day of my 2nd shot and am concerned that there might be some arm soreness immediately following the shot. Not looking forward to the dentist if my arm might be hurting. That would be piling on 2 separate levels of pain. Gonna need a Midol, fur sure...

Dank,

Which vaccine did you receive again? Reason for my asking is that I've got a dental appointment the same day of my 2nd shot and am concerned that there might be some arm soreness immediately following the shot. Not looking forward to the dentist if my arm might be hurting. That would be piling on 2 separate levels of pain. Gonna need a Midol, fur sure...
Quoted from my original post

"Pfizer-Fauci-Ouchie" :D;)

I'm going on 24 hours in from the first Pfizer dose. Had a weird hot flash about 5 minutes after the shot that passed in another 5 minutes. Arm hurt somewhat all night and still does - feels like I did 2 too many sets at the gym, but very focused in a small spot. So far that's it....

Thankfully, like many of you, I'm hoping that once you receive both shots we won't NEED any more vaccine and Covid will be a thing of the past. That is, unless Covid mutates and requires extra vaccines against the variant strain.

At this point, it's about NEED. An inordinate number of folks confuse want with need. Cannot stress the importance of this more. And no, it's not about needing a "drink."

Thankfully, like many of you, I'm hoping that once you receive both shots we won't NEED any more vaccine and Covid will be a thing of the past. That is, unless Covid mutates and requires extra vaccines against the variant strain.

At this point, it's about NEED. An inordinate number of folks confuse want with need. Cannot stress the importance of this more. And no, it's not about needing a "drink."
With all probability, the SARS-COV-#virus that causes COVID 19, will contiue to mutate like Influena A and B does. That being said, we will be faced with the high likelyhood that there will be an annual COVID shot, just like there is a Flu and Pneumonia shot. Now, the thing to remember is that it has not been determined whether or not the shot will be mandatory or discretionary. The politics of that are more than we need to get into here.

With all probability, the SARS-COV-#virus that causes COVID 19, will contiue to mutate like Influena A and B does. That being said, we will be faced with the high likelyhood that there will be an annual COVID shot, just like there is a Flu and Pneumonia shot. Now, the thing to remember is that it has not been determined whether or not the shot will be mandatory or discretionary. The politics of that are more than we need to get into here.

Your concern is appreciated. My personal feeling is that we need to be prepared in case of such an event. Keeping vigilant is one thing; preparing for what could happen shows insight. What I'm not suggesting is gloom and doom. People need to understand that we're not out of the forest until there is a cure for this sickness and what could occur.

For example, I've not yet seen a cure for hoof & mouth, have you?

Last edited:
Back