Older Singlecuts/250's/245's/SC58's/Ted's: Trash or Treasure?

Sorry I'm late. I'm a BIG fan of the ORIGINAL Singlecuts. To me, they're the Custom22's bigger younger brother. Solid feeling, nice-n-heafty. And the #7 pickups loooove high gain amplification. :D
Two of mine...
jovRzDd.jpg

B5ykcKN.jpg

Sergio, I have a 2000 Singlecut that I love. The #7 pickups sound great in it. It's quite the rocker! I also have a Ted McCarty SC with Soapbars, love that one too! I do kind of prefer the 25" scale on the older singlecuts but both are great.

The day that I have to retire my 2013 SC250 AP will be an expensive day. Since there is no SC250 core model, I would spend for a PS. I know the Tremonti model is basically the same with the adjustable wraptail option, which I've also owned, but I've been wanting a PS for some time now and ordering another SC250 is the only way to go for me.

Here are some pics of mine, it gets gigged with regularly, these were taken not too long ago. I love this thing.

http://imgur.com/a/hz0W1

I think I'm more into the wraparound now. It was a long journey getting there but, now I'm kinda hooked on them.

Whoa whoa whoa... you crazy. :p
They feel great under the hand that's for sure. They are also so much larger in person. I just wanna hold it like Zeus and pretend I'm throwing spirals.

I have a 2000 SC that I really like. I've owned an embarrassingly large number of Les Pauls over the years and they all got sold after buying the SC save for one. It's not exactly a LP but I like it. The downside is that it is very heavy. My heaviest guitar by far at 10.5 pounds. Doesn't really bother me as I don't play out anymore but I felt I should mention it. I know a lot of folks don't like the #7 pickups but I've never changed them.

Well I'm up to 8 pre 2008 singlecut so that says it all for me. For years I've been buying them cheap on eBay and reverb, then sending them to the PTC for a refin. Yes it costs me more than I'll ever get back out of it but I don' sell my stuff and don't plan on it. Its my favourite spec PRS (but i do swap the #7s for a Duncan JB and 59, I know I'm a basic b*tch). However, this is because I'm a modern player and the longer scale is what I'm into. I also have many Les Pauls, which is why I won' but a 594.....if I want to go for the Les Paul sound, I'll play a Les Paul.

Back