Older PRS SE custom 24 vs 35th anniversary

outworldfingers

I have a older used PRS SE custom 24 25th anniversary that I had to add push-pull pots. I was looking at the new 35th anniversary versions and really loved it. I have been really trying to justify getting the 35th anniversary.

Would it be worth it to trade in my current one for the 35th? Is it a noticeable upgrade from the 25th?

I don’t have any real valuable input but I saw and played a 35th today and it was really nice. It felt great and the finish was perfect.

In a word....yes.I've played a 25th years ago, and now own a 35th. The pickups on the 35th are the TCI(S) ones that you find in the SE Paul's Guitar, and frankly they are the best stock pickups in any SE I've ever played. The coil split circuit they have on the 35th is far superior to any push/pull coil split circuit I've played, and that includes the 25th. The 35th also appears to have abalone bird inlays. Even though those 25ths are fantastic guitars too, I think the value on the 35th is just incredible.

I’ve not played a 35th but in general I prefer the older flat topped SE CU24’s to the newer one’s I’ve played (and own).

I feel like they’re lower on features, but higher in quality. IMO YMMV etc.

Back