Old Skool fusion

Huggy Love

Vintage member
So I'm sitting around one night listening to Mahavishnu "The Inner Mounting Flame" and Santana's "Caravansarai" and I decide to write a raw sounding, early fusion type jam. Not the polished stuff from later years, but the raw, frantic, sometimes chaotic, sound that came out when the genre was new and artists were experimenting with new (at the time:rolleyes:) sounds.

As with *ALL* my tunes we're taking 100% PRS content, beats, bass, keys, too. .... and yes I'm going buck wild on the B3 solos :p.

https://soundcloud.com/tonybsongwriting/the-stranger

Cool!! I think the essence is there. The guitar tone seems spot on!! Are you playing the parts using a guitar MIDI system? Or are you playing keys for the B3?

Cool!! I think the essence is there. The guitar tone seems spot on!! Are you playing the parts using a guitar MIDI system? Or are you playing keys for the B3?

Thx, the Mark V is such a versatile head, nailing in the McLaughlin/Carlos tone from that period was too easy. *All* the other instruments were done PRS + Fishman tripleplay midi controller, even my drums, I'm starting to get the hang of making it sound like a real keyboard player, took some mental effort to play differently than you would play standard guitar licks.

Back