OLD PRS CE24 SUNBURST INFO NEEDED

csc

Hi all! I am new to this forum. Hope you are all doing great. I am posting here because I want to find some info about my PRS. I had it since I was a teenager, I am 36 now. I think it's a CE24 solid alder from 1991, could you please let me know if you have more info about that guitar, that would be great! Thanks for your comments in advance!

Use a photo sharing site like
https://imgur.com/

Then just post the URL using the little photo icon above the window you type in.

I have an 88 CE24 alder. They are great.

Nice one. Here is what the PRS website says about the model:
CE24: 1988 – 2008, 2016 – present. Carved maple top, alder back (1988- 1995, 2008) mahogany back (1995 – present) bolt-on maple neck with rosewood fretboard Wide Thin neck carve, Standard Treble & Bass pickups (1988-1990), HFS/Vintage Bass pickups (1991 – 2008, 85/15 pickups (2016- present), tremolo bridge, locking tuners.

Yours didn't have the maple cap of course. Probably has the Vintage/HFS pickup set which was the first year for it to get those pickups, and the 5 way rotary switch. Mine has the older Vintage set of pickups and the 3 way toggle.

Nice one. Here is what the PRS website says about the model:
CE24: 1988 – 2008, 2016 – present. Carved maple top, alder back (1988- 1995, 2008) mahogany back (1995 – present) bolt-on maple neck with rosewood fretboard Wide Thin neck carve, Standard Treble & Bass pickups (1988-1990), HFS/Vintage Bass pickups (1991 – 2008, 85/15 pickups (2016- present), tremolo bridge, locking tuners.

Yours didn't have the maple cap of course. Probably has the Vintage/HFS pickup set which was the first year for it to get those pickups, and the 5 way rotary switch. Mine has the older Vintage set of pickups and the 3 way toggle.

Thanks for the info! I am quite sure about the pickups being HFS and Vintage Bass. Are they good or any ideas if I should do an upgrade? I know it's a quite old guitar and I haven't tried new sutff from PRS should I think about any change to my guitar?

Thanks! I would prefered maple cap on my PRS but... that's what I found at that moment
Not me! The alder ones are prized by the PRS faithful. They were the only model that had alder at the time. Great tone as far as I'm concerned.

You asked about the HFS set. Some love them, some not so much. They were the workhorse for PRS for most of their models for many years. I really like them but the HFS is hot. You sometimes need to tame it with the tone pot but IMO that is what it is there for.

DON’T YOU DARE MOD THAT GUITAR! That, my friend, is a truly beautiful unusual model. I have an alder EG ll, and the tone is suweeeet! Alder has it’s own unique tone, I would only modify it if you don’t like the sound.

DON’T YOU DARE MOD THAT GUITAR! That, my friend, is a truly beautiful unusual model. I have an alder EG ll, and the tone is suweeeet! Alder has it’s own unique tone, I would only modify it if you don’t like the sound.

A lot of shouting going on on the forum recently!

It would look cool as with a Floyd Rose and a pink sparkle paint job.

;)

Just teasing @dogrocketp :p

Back