Old guitar day - signed PRS SE Akesson

foxx1337

Since Opeth were in town and did a signing session, I decided to get it on my SE Akesson.

At first I sanded what is almost an A5 region:
vllMRaT.jpg

Then the Opeth gang did their thing:
RC0Zd00.jpg

Re-lacquered and buffed the region:
QLMMBzd.jpg

oIyYTS8.jpg

In Cauda Venenum!

Since Opeth were in town and did a signing session, I decided to get it on my SE Akesson.

At first I sanded what is almost an A5 region:
vllMRaT.jpg

Then the Opeth gang did their thing:
RC0Zd00.jpg

Re-lacquered and buffed the region:
QLMMBzd.jpg

oIyYTS8.jpg

In Cauda Venenum!
Very awesome!

Nice work! Loving the new album, how do you feel about it? Also, did you get to see the live show?
I have an SE Akerfeldt, and it needs the brother Akesson! I’m always keeping my eyes peeled for a good deal,
But there’s not many of them out there. Congrats on the signatures!

I absolutely love the album. As for the show, seen them 4 times this year alone already. 3 times from the previous tour, once from the new one. The performance is tight as hell.

Had a little chat with Fred at the signing and I have the impression he played his SE a couple of songs during the show. He asked me at length about my opinion of the guitar and I think he's quite fond of the model.

Can I ask which exact product you used to re-lacquer the area? I'm interested in doing the same thing to a guitar.

*specifically to an SE

Wow a beautiful job! I love Opeth (lots of nice PRS eyecandy)

What did he think when he saw your sanded bit on the top? What's the difference from the Ackerfeldt model?

Looks great! Did you just spray new lacquer over the signatures and the roughed up area and then polish the lacquer? I’ve no experience of refinishing guitars so I’m intrigued how you did it as it looks perfect.

Wow, that did turn out perfect! Did you respray the whole guitar?

That looks absolute killer. When I started reading " I sanded", I was like "Oh hell no he didn't!!" But the result is really good and now you have a one of a kind guitar. Good job!

Back