Old cds

Yup...CD's everywhere...actually very organized...But every year, when my wife goes away for work for a few days,
if I don't go, I tell myself I'm cleaning house...Inevitably, I just rearrange all the really cool stuff I own!!!!

I'm always proud as crap of what I've accomplished, and when she returns, the first time she walks in my dungeon,
she says, "I thought you cleaned this place up"??!!??

Nope. Me either. I'm listening to most music through wireless headphones and my cell, or a Bose Soundock, or the car stereo. Nothing good enough for me to know the difference.
I'm a almost 53 yr old full digital convert - generally Amazon Music (without the HD or wtfever it's called upgrade). Listen in the car on a pretty decent Meridian system, or on Sonos speakers throughout the house and they're nice quality (not like that guy sitting in the chair with his hair blown back in the 80's advert quality), but really good. :D

I like being able to listen to anything anywhere/anytime and I pay $7.99 a month (in addition to the annual Prime fee which I easily make back in shipping costs). I copy stuff to my phone (via Amazon app) to save on data usage on the road.

But hey, whatever works for each of you, WORKS! Do what makes you happy.

I still have most of my CDs. I've even bought a few in the last year as I I'm still in a "buy the album!" mindset. I then convert them to digital and shelve the discs. Most of my playback is with digital files in an older phone to a bluetooth receiver connected to my stereo. I also play LPs quite a bit, especially jazz. I doubt I'll ever get rid of my Coltrane albums; they've helped me get through a lot of stuff.

I have about 1500 CDs in crates downstairs. I converted the years ago. One think to keep in mind. Files that are very old can sometimes need to be reconverted. I keep the discs around to get a better conversion. Probably won't do anything with them in the long run but I like having them for some reason.

So, same topic...but a question for all...I have a bunch of CD's of the instrumental 70's-80's-90's Jazz-Fusion I enjoy (Weather Report, RTF, Mahavishnu, All those guy's solo releases, Tony MacAlpine, etc...)
and was chatting with a younger guy (who, yes, was giving me crap!!!) and I requested he search for a few things. At that time, he was unable to find any Flim and the BB's.

Has anyone else discovered any music that isn't available digitally/download-able?? (Interestingly, the Flim stuff was some of the first DDD CD's produced, IIRC.)

So, same topic...but a question for all...I have a bunch of CD's of the instrumental 70's-80's-90's Jazz-Fusion I enjoy (Weather Report, RTF, Mahavishnu, All those guy's solo releases, Tony MacAlpine, etc...)
and was chatting with a younger guy (who, yes, was giving me crap!!!) and I requested he search for a few things. At that time, he was unable to find any Flim and the BB's.

Has anyone else discovered any music that isn't available digitally/download-able?? (Interestingly, the Flim stuff was some of the first DDD CD's produced, IIRC.)

On another music board, we do a list every year of stuff that’s still not available. The Buckingham Nicks album is the prime example.

On another music board, we do a list every year of stuff that’s still not available. The Buckingham Nicks album is the prime example.

i bought that on digital cd in gainesville in 1991. so sick of crying in the night!!!!! and no stevie centerfold??

i bought that on digital cd in gainesville in 1991. so sick of crying in the night!!!!! and no stevie centerfold??

There are bootleg CDs, but it's never gotten an official release. There's a boot with 11 or 12 tracks (it may be two different releases). There were rumours :)p) a year or two ago that it was finally the year, but no.

Back