Old and lazy...

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
Most of the time, I'm not carrying my guitars in hardshell cases anymore. I bought a fancy Mono dual electric guitar gig bag awhile back and generally tote my PS and my SC in this back and forth to practice. Even use it for most gigs if we're close by. Lately I've been thinking to myself, "damn, this gig bag is heavy with the 2 guitars..." I really don't need to take 2 guitars most of the time(to practice at least). Logic would say, just carry a single guitar in the double bag, right??? For whatever reason, I still haven't removed the 2nd guitar from the bag. It's in my head that I need a single guitar gig bag. I used to use my Vela bag, but I had to let her go so don't have it anymore. I feel so idiotic sometimes.

Oh yeah...this is coming from a guy who still gigs with a 4x12 and sometimes an extra 2x12 along with it. WTF is wrong with me?!?

It hits everybody, eventually ...I'm halfway there...actually tried to keep up with my 24 year old son shoveling snow a few weeks back...took 2 weeks to get my back right. I did, however, switch to a Schroeder cabinet and got rid of a 2 X 15" cabinet a while back....and BTW, you need one in Standard and one 1/2 step down, right?!? Yeah, you need both in that bag anyway!

Most of the time, I'm not carrying my guitars in hardshell cases anymore. I bought a fancy Mono dual electric guitar gig bag awhile back and generally tote my PS and my SC in this back and forth to practice. Even use it for most gigs if we're close by. Lately I've been thinking to myself, "damn, this gig bag is heavy with the 2 guitars..." I really don't need to take 2 guitars most of the time(to practice at least). Logic would say, just carry a single guitar in the double bag, right??? For whatever reason, I still haven't removed the 2nd guitar from the bag. It's in my head that I need a single guitar gig bag. I used to use my Vela bag, but I had to let her go so don't have it anymore. I feel so idiotic sometimes.

Oh yeah...this is coming from a guy who still gigs with a 4x12 and sometimes an extra 2x12 along with it. WTF is wrong with me?!?
Just buy the new PRS tank bag (aka Silver Sky bag) and you're done.

Ok, so I’m not that old, but I guess it’s more of the convenience factor. I find I’m more in a hurry and running late more often so slinging a dual guitar bag is more of an annoyance than anything. I drag em around and never pull the 2nd guitar out.

61 years young here...
GET OFF MY LAWN!!!:mad:
OK... now that's outta the way...
I bought a Kemper, and have a new powered cab coming tomorrow.
Also just bought a new Rouge Valley gig bag. It's killer! Way lighter! Also bring another PRS in a SE gig bag.
I'm good until I Tragically need a Hip replacement.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
so, first half of the post, I was ready to say "buck up, young stallion and carry those guitars to the gig like a man!" Then I saw the 4x12 and 2x12 stuff. Now I'm just confused.

Oh wait, I got it. You carry the 4x12 FIRST! Don't do that. Carry everything else first, THEN carry the 4x12 when it's "do or die," If this doesn't work, then you need to start working out. I recommend the "Sergio De Blanc Blue Guitar Jazzersize" video series.

I sympathise totally! Played a gig recently and had to carry PA etc. Up a flight of stairs. I thought that was the end of me. I need that “jazzercise” class!

When I first read your thread, couldn’t help but think of Stuart Bloom from Big Bang Theory! The quote I was looking for is right at the end -

Will never forget trying to wrestle a Hammond B3 up the long staircase into Max's Kansas City back in '72.

When doing some bass gigs a couple of years ago I discovered that the huge brown case for my Thunderbird is too long to fit in my Accord- not in the trunk with half the back seat folded down, and not even laying across the back seat. Had to put in an Explorer bag, headstock sticking out the top, covered with a winter hat. Real classy.

For carrying your guitar around, a gig bag is just so much easier. If anyone but myself were going to be handling them, though, I'd still use the hard cases.

For whatever reason, I still haven't removed the 2nd guitar from the bag. It's in my head that I need a single guitar gig bag. I used to use my Vela bag...WTF is wrong with me?!?

My SS came in a nice new S2 gigbag...just got my SS hardcase...so I don’t need the gig bag. If you want it...it’s yours. I can’t bear watching a forum brother torture himself like this...

Last edited:
My SS came in a nice new S2 gigbag...just got my SS hardcase...so I don’t need the gig bag. If you want it...it’s yours. Can’t bear watching a forum brother torture himself like this...
Yeah, paying it forward. Forum brothers rule:D

Back