OK so I think I've got my "keyboard on a PRS" thing down....

Huggy Love

Vintage member
With my Fishman Tripleplay I've been doing all my recordings on my HB sglcut, beats, bass, keyboards, everything except vocals. The one thing that escaped me is doing a keyboard solo that didn't sound like a guitar player with a different voice. Well after a lot of SOUL searching (U see what I did there?:p), and listening to a bunch of Jimmy Smith & Wes Montgomery tunes, I was able to pull off a halfway decent B3 solo. No fast runs or signature guitar type licks was hard but I think I came close to an authentic organ solo that belongs on an old skool Soul jam.

*Keyboard solo starts at approx 2:40.

https://soundcloud.com/tonybsongwriting/back-again

Duuude! That is killer! Kudos! I would have never guessed it wasn't keys! WOW! I really dig it!

I don't know why but the second one kind of reminded me of a score from some 70s TV Series....Carlies Angels/Streets of San Francisco kinda vibe...if that makes any sense whatsoever.:confused:

Very cool!

Dude, that sounds AWESOME! I dig the solo. Not sure if I am asking this right, but I think you'll get what I am after....what library did that B3 come from?

Back