OK Guys, Where do you shop for a USED PRS?

When I was shopping for a specific used model, I came across a website called Righteous Guitars. They're based out of Atlanta, and they had a nice used selection, ranging in models from the 1980's to 2019. They also carry tons of new PRS's, so hopefully they know their stuff. Probably won't get the lowest prices compared to CL or Facebook, but I'd feel comfortable buying used from a place like that.

When I was shopping for a specific used model, I came across a website called Righteous Guitars. They're based out of Atlanta, and they had a nice used selection, ranging in models from the 1980's to 2019. They also carry tons of new PRS's, so hopefully they know their stuff. Probably won't get the lowest prices compared to CL or Facebook, but I'd feel comfortable buying used from a place like that.

Righteous seem to have a great reputation.

When I have that extra $$$ burning a hole in my pocket o_Oo_Oo_O,
I stop by my favorite local shops and ask them to let me know if anything used comes in...That usually works.
2 Local places around me (Coffey's, and Ryan Fowler's), and the local GC's

Why do they PLEK every guitar they have? Even new ones.
Never had a new PRS that needed fret work.
<edit>
Okay. I watched the video and I understand it a little better.
I still don't think a new CORE PRS needs it.:)

I’m pretty sure someone posted on here that they give the customer the choice. I may be wrong.

I got both my korina McCarty w/ braz board and my current Custom 22 Artist from Dave’s. I recommend them highly.

They list everything as PLEK'd on their site.

Oh plekking heck!

I do remember someone posting that even though a PRS was put on the Plek machine, it was in diagnostic mode rather than adjustment mode and it came back that no alterations were required.

Last edited:
I’ve had good dealings with the following dealers (not in order, all were great to deal with!)

The Guitar Store Seattle - my local dealer (now in Pt Townsend)
Guitar Mav
Brian’s Guitars
Willcutt
Righteous Guitars - call them! Prices get better on the phone :). Regarding Plek, I believe they give you a choice even though they list every guitar as being Plek’d.
TGS Canada
Dave’s Guitars

And some guy named 11Top :)

I need to sell a couple of mine(ME I SCT, Knaggs Severn), but have been too busy on home repairs to post them on Reverb :mad:

I won't say I have a favorite, per se. I've had experiences with both dealers and folks with pre-owned ones from various shops or individuals out of reverb, FB ads, etc.

Just speaking logically here, I'd think the best place to shop for used PRS would be from guys who
- have PRS guitars
- take good care of them
- have money so they don't really need to sell them for top dollar

I don't know... if you find a place like that, please let me know
I got a 509 this way. The guy had it listed on eBay. I think his wife told him to get rid of It, she bought a painting she needed the space for. But that’s once in ten years of looking. Meanwhile, that blue swamp ash ce 24 is out there looking for me...............

Locally in the country where I live looking through social media and online marketplaces for 2nd hand goods. Yes I also look in international markets like Ebay and Reverb, but I'd buy from other countries only if I really couldn't fine it locally - due to 17% import tax.

I've been staying away from Reverb , eBay and GC used because of the tax

Theres always a good selection on facebook , also some PRS specific buy/sell groups too per country

I hope you at least put the money towards another guitar.from them.
I do this all the time. I pay $23 to have them shipped to me. I play them, if I like them I keep them, if I don't I drive them back to my local GC. BTW I've purchased like 15 guitars from GS over the last 4 years so all I'm doing is redistributing product for them on my own dime. Only problem is if they didn't described something correctly good luck getting your shipping back (literally a small miracle). Probably spent the equivalent of new Squier Classic Vibe on shipping but I've played a boat load of guitars in the comfort of my own home through my own amps and with my own pedals.

I just bought a Hollowbody I from TGP (The Gear Page) that is being delivered today. I can't wait ! I took half a day off so I can be there. I talked to the seller over the phone and did a little searching so I felt comfortable with the deal.

Really? My experience with Facebook marketplace has been very similar to Craigslist. High aggravation, low reward.

Not the marketplace, there are private buy/sell groups for PRS , if you're on the PRS guitar owners group there the link should pop up and you can ask to join. Seem to be people cross posting there selling some decent examples

Back