Ohhhh....

vchizzle

Zomb!e Nine, DFZ
I feel all tingly...
u7wdjLo.jpg

ZC3ibWr.jpg

I can feel it in my loins!!!
Roasted maple, grey black fade...I wanna play this one bad. Probably good I don’t know where it’s headed. Wouldn’t matter much anyway.

Wood library and Artist levels are approaching private stock these days!

Or is that really a private stock guitar?......

See what I mean?

Did I totally miss that this is a feature of this model, or is the neck pickup mounted backwards...?:oops:

Indeed. Frankly I was too busy looking at the neck and finish that I didn’t even notice! Maybe @Shawn@PRS can shed some light?

Nope, that is how the neck pick up is installed on the SSH (also on the Paul's, IIRC). Has something to do with a more usable split tone, and position four tone, I believe.

Did I totally miss that this is a feature of this model, or is the neck pickup mounted backwards...?:oops:

Indeed. Frankly I was too busy looking at the neck and finish that I didn’t even notice! Maybe @Shawn@PRS can shed some light?

Nope, that is how the neck pick up is installed on the SSH (also on the Paul's, IIRC). Has something to do with a more usable split tone, and position four tone, I believe.

Yep, I've been seeing this lately, too. I first noticed it on the 24-08's with the 58/15MT's, then the Special Semi-Hollows. The new 35th Anniversary Custom 24 also has it switched around.

Not sure what sparked the change, but I really LOVE the sound it produces.

I hadn’t a clue!:D
Does it change the overall tone of the neck pickup humbucker mode when played by itself much? I’ve never tried reversing a pickup like that.

I hadn’t a clue!:D
Does it change the overall tone of the neck pickup humbucker mode when played by itself much? I’ve never tried reversing a pickup like that.

Hmmm....not to my ears. Of course, my descriptive prowess is limited to that sounds good and that sounds like crap. :p

Back