Oh Yeah...just booked a private lesson with Tremonti

Michael B

As it says...Fret12 is doing this with Mark before a few of the shows on their tour. 10 people per session. After not getting tickets for Boston or NYC of the tour I better at least do this and get my newer Tremonti signed after the lesson! Grabbed a spot before the Boston show. Its during the day so I'll make a day trip out of it and probably have one of the best days of my life! :) I'm sure I'll be way out of my league but I'm sure I'll pick up something from the man! :) Its pretty cool, an hour lesson, his instruct. dvd, a meet and greet, and private tour of his rig backstage after the class....It will be amazing!

I signed up for the NYC lesson. It's gonna be awesome. I am flying up from Nashville, so I'm not sure on what guitar to bring. I'd like to bring my US Singlecut, but I'll probably play it safe with one of my SE's. I asked FRET 12 about guitar amps for the lesson, and they said Tremonti would be the only one with an amp. Sounds lame to me that we won't have an amp to play through.

So jealous. Will be a great experience and something that lasts a lifetime. Love it when an artist gives back.....

wow...no amp huh? Well, would probably be a pain in the butt to have 10 setups there for everyone ...understandable. Going to be killer tho! Anyone on here going to Boston? Price isn't really bad imo...

I was thinking since there is only 10 people per lesson, they could get some Roland Micro cubes to bring out with them for people to use during the lessons.

While the idea of everyone having their own amps for the lesson sounds cool, after the fifth or sixth time you miss something because someone was noodling, you'd be thinking "I wish they didn't have amps here..."

Jealous - would love to do something like this with someone like Mark. For that matter, there are several guys here who could teach me a thing or two - and several have told me that, although I'm not sure it was guitar lessons they were talking about.

What a great idea. I hope you have a good time. (Maybe a report afterwards?) Personally, I'd much rather do something like this as opposed to the 'diamond package experience' meet & greet whatevers so many bands do these days. This says a lot about the kind of person Mark is IMO. A+.

Goldtop

What a great idea. I hope you have a good time. (Maybe a report afterwards?) Personally, I'd much rather do something like this as opposed to the 'diamond package experience' meet & greet whatevers so many bands do these days. This says a lot about the kind of person Mark is IMO. A+.

+1 to this. I'll pay a little extra for a meet & greet, but I think Nugent is charging $300, and as much as I'd love to meet the guy, not at that price. Word is Motley Crue is charging well into four figures for a meet & greet on this tour and it doesn't include all four members. I think Kiss was charging around $1500.

I'd much rather come out of something like that having learned more than what a chump I was.

Thanks guys! I also thought this was great deal for what you get, thought it was cheap really! I have met Mark 3 times and he signed my Black Cherry the first time I met him. He remembered me each time I met him and asked how my guitar was...he's such a cool dude! I actually spent about the same money for a Satriani show couple months ago and got a shirt, met Satriani quick and toured his rig. This is a hell of a deal with the lesson and the other things and getting Mark to sign the back of the headstock on my Blue Jean Blue Burst Tremonti. I was already told no pictures and filming during lesson but I will definitely get some pics to share with you guys! Hoping at least one with Mark and I holding my guitar!

Michael, that is awesome...

Wish AB came to CT....I wish I could do this...already taking a lot of time off for a Florida trip in April...ugh

Back