Oh noooooooooooooo, I stopped by my dealer today

I have also found out it is very hard to photograph a black guitar.
I even lightened up the pic with Picasa, and it is hard to see the F hole.
Hopefully with better lighting and my Canon I can get some better shots of it.
The other guitars stood out well with my HTC Ones camera.
The camera probably chose exposure based on all the light colours in the shot, so the contrast in the black guitar and the f hole get lost. Try closer shots and if it still doesn't show up try putting the guitar on a dark background, or if your Canon lets you choose what it bases its exposure on have it choose the black.

The NYXLs are livelier. You need to stretch them really well. Once they're stretched you won't need to touch them again for awhile provided your nut and tuners are up to par.
Yep, brand new Autotrim tuners on the ZM, and the nut has never binded with the 9s.
Yeah, I could notice they sounded just a bit better than the Cobalts, brighter, chimier :D
Quit showing your f hole all over the net lol

Nyxl are what I'm using . They are my second favourite to Prs strings.

Great score ...if you really want to make the black s2 look kinda cool, try using a black and white picture setting .
Oh my, just realized I am going to have to dig up that F hole thread from last year after I get some proper pics.
Cool, glad you like the NY strings too.
I see their ads all the time in the Guitar mags.
The camera probably chose exposure based on all the light colours in the shot, so the contrast in the black guitar and the f hole get lost. Try closer shots and if it still doesn't show up try putting the guitar on a dark background, or if your Canon lets you choose what it bases its exposure on have it choose the black.
I usually leave the Canon in auto mode with the flash off, and if it needs lightened up a bit, I use the slider in Picasa.
Will try some close up pics with it on my dark couch and see how that turns out.

This was not meant to be a NGD weekend, but when I saw that hanging there after the shop owner showed it to me, I was under its spell.
If PRS decides to release a CE 22, I might down for one.
I never realized too just how big the body is on the ZM.
Compare how much lower it hangs than my Santana.
The ZM is a big girl.

+1 on the NYXLs

To me the Cobalts have a bit of an "artificial" sound somehow. The NYXLs sound more natural.

Glad you are back in love with the ZM...looks like you have alot of playing to do this weekend!

Glad you found the love for your ZM. It is amazing what a great setup can do. I swear, my SE One was setup before I bought it, and it feels and plays better than just about anything I ever picked up. Crazy for how little I payed for it. Nice S2 as well, I am a big fan.

Congrats Corey it's a killer score and you are not helping my GAS with either one
Enjoy, waiting for your clip soon

Back