Oh no. No. NO.

@andy474x , you'd better hurry up and buy this thing! I stopped by Sergio's yesterday to drop off a tuner, and he's in a bad way. The man needs a guitar before the other half blows the tax return on avocado toast! :eek: You owe it to your forum brother to make sure that DOES NOT happen!
Good thing it wasn't a tuner sammich!

@andy474x , you'd better hurry up and buy this thing! I stopped by Sergio's yesterday to drop off a tuner, and he's in a bad way. The man needs a guitar before the other half blows the tax return on avocado toast! :eek: You owe it to your forum brother to make sure that DOES NOT happen!

Truth!!

Man, I bet bodia, in an act of solidarity, will even vow to buy a guitar if you do and his last NGD was only like.... a week ago?

Sergio can just buy my Mira

But I already own a Mira, and I would never buy two similar guitars....

wAAmhox.jpg

Sergio can just by my Mira Soapy and we can kill two birds with one stone.

Here’s a very painful lesson I learned:

Never sell a PRS Soapbar guitar.

Even if you temporarily think, “Soapbars aren’t my thing.” And by ‘temporarily’ I mean about 100 years.

Even if it sits unplayed for now, or rarely played. Even if you get GAS and there it is, your convenient solution for a quick new guitar fix.

Don’t do it. Do not sell or trade it. Treat it as an heirloom if you must, but hang onto it.

PRS doesn’t make many soapbar guitars, but the ones they make are really, really good ones. And one day in the not-too-distant future you will be in the studio, or at a gig, or just f+ckin’ around in your basement, and you will think, “You know what would sound really good right now? My old Mira Soapbar.”

And if you’re smart, you’ll still have it when that happens.

If not, your brain will be flooded with pangs of regret, and you will have a hard time finding a good replacement!

Yours truly,

The Voice of Experience

:)

BUT

This one has soapbars. I hear they’re great for playing Huey Lewis and the News tunes. You know, that clear, crisp sound, it has a sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost.

“All the same friends and the same address”

Back