Official Vote for new forum term

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
Good wine is for the family that can get to you while you're asleep, or the ones you stand to get an inheritance from. The rest get Welch's grape juice with a smidgen of vodka mixed in. But you've never met my family, so you wouldn't know that! :D

TBH, If your family has plans for you, Alan, there's that elephant in the room again.

If you pronounce both Cs, it does have kind of a drunk sound to it.
we used to tease one of my buddies who slurred his speach when he drank and he'd say "My tongue feels thick." That's the sound you're describing. Or in this case it would be THIcCK

It certainly has my vote. I really like PUI as well, and we could have an understood pronouncing of it as the smell reaction "pee-ewe" or however you spell that. So, while PUI is more technically accurate and a take on the familiar, I'm still going to have to go with "Doink" as it just sounds funny. Plus it allows phrases like "I dropped a Doink on his a..." well, you get the point.

Plus, it's kinda cool that a new guy came up with it. Possibly earning him a nickname as a reward!

If he sticks around, howbout we call him Mr. Spagehetti? My mind wanders.....and wanders...and wanders....and...

Last edited:
It certainly has my vote. I really like PUI as well, and we could have an understood pronouncing of it as the smell reaction "pee-ewe" or however you spell that. So, while PUI is more technically accurate and a take on the familiar, I'm still going to have to go with "Doink" as it just sounds funny. Plus it allows phrases like "I dropped a Doink on his a..." well, you get the point.

Plus, it's kinda cool that a new guy came up with it. Possibly earning him a nickname as a reward!
Sure you can give me a nickname, but I thought I saw in the fine print the winner would be awarded a Custom 594. :p:p:p

Sure you can give me a nickname, but I thought I saw in the fine print the winner would be awarded a Custom 594. :p:p:p

Unfortunately, classic new guy mistake. THAT wasn’t the fine print. The fine print said (deep breath) ...

“To claim grand prize, winner must have all of the following:
1) 5 year forum member with over 10,000 posts and 10,000 likes.
2) Must have purchase at least 15 new core or above PRS guitars in the last 5 years
3) Must have take at least one factory tour and attended at least 3 “Experiences.”
4) Must agree to play rhythm guitar in Pauls band for 3 years with no pay, and Paul will take your free drinks
5) Must not be named Schefman”

It was a little bit underhanded to post that in the contest rules in Cantonese and with a 3 font size.

But hey, as of now, it looks like you could win this thing. For a dark horse to come from the back of the field, that’s pretty good!

Unfortunately, classic new guy mistake. THAT wasn’t the fine print. The fine print said (deep breath) ...

“To claim grand prize, winner must have all of the following:
1) 5 year forum member with over 10,000 posts and 10,000 likes.
2) Must have purchase at least 15 new core or above PRS guitars in the last 5 years
3) Must have take at least one factory tour and attended at least 3 “Experiences.”
4) Must agree to play rhythm guitar in Pauls band for 3 years with no pay, and Paul will take your free drinks
5) Must not be named Schefman”

It was a little bit underhanded to post that in the contest rules in Cantonese and with a 3 font size.

But hey, as of now, it looks like you could win this thing. For a dark horse to come from the back of the field, that’s pretty good!
Well, I have 1 out of 5 and I was planning on attending Experience this year. Even had hotel reservations for 2 different weekends.:(

Well, I have 1 out of 5 and I was planning on attending Experience this year. Even had hotel reservations for 2 different weekends.:(

Start posting A LOT (I mean, like Scott does after 2:00 a.m. on weekends!) and you may still have a chance. As for the “likes” I think Julie Bowen is a sure bet for a few, a lot if you post pics. Puppies are nice. (Both kinds, again, pics are your friend. Pro tip: make sure they’re semi-covered if you do the second kind). Photo shop yourself into a couple of those experience threads and.... I think we you can do it.

Dude - even *I* don't call my wife "that elephant"! :eek:

Alan,

What transpired was more likely "that mosquito" or "that fly" rather than "that elephant." Don't ask me how I know, I just do. FTR, my living room is home to an Amish leather flyswatter, for exactly this purpose.

And no, I was not referring to your wife. Being a single guy, I was thinking of taking a shower, brushing my teeth, combing my hair, and getting dressed with my business suit for my weekly meeting. You know, what normal people do when they prepare to go out for the evening...

Being a single guy, I was thinking of taking a shower, brushing my teeth, combing my hair, and getting dressed with my business suit for my weekly meeting.
hmmm, what is this, "meeting" of which you speak. Sounds fishy too me. o_O:D

Being a single guy, I was thinking of taking a shower, brushing my teeth, combing my hair, and getting dressed with my business suit for my weekly meeting. You know, what normal people do when they prepare to go out for the evening...

I get the getting dressed part, maybe the hair and teeth but, but why on earth would you shower with your business suit? Isn’t dry cleaning usually better?

I really have no idea what normal people do.

71bIyseBNVL._UX385_.jpg

Back