Official Vote for new forum term

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
Just wondering...how'd you guys know I was baking this evening...? FTR, Blueberry w/ Confectioner's Sugar Glaze Crust...?

fkBRTJw.jpg

I don’t know...

Back when I was drinking, puffing, posting, and generally enjoying life a whole lot more, I thought too that it would be a novel idea to have some sort of disclaimer, or indicator that what I posted was done so while under the influence.

I had thought that maybe I’d change the color of text to red or something to denote which posts were which, but ultimately decided it’s best to take ownership of my belligerence, and deal with the aftermath that could and did occur.

I like to think I’m basically the same person when inebriated, which is still a d!ck, but with less of a filter.

ymmv.

grumpy, loopy, or behaves in a questionable manner

I'm grumpy, loopy, and act questionably most of the time.....

.......... and I quit drinking 8 years ago.:rolleyes:

How about:
GLOD = grumpy loopy or drunk
PUTI = Posting Under The Influence
... and for the non alcoholic yet curmudgeonly ...
GOF = grumpy old fart (= Huggy:eek:)

.... I like PUTI best cause it's just fun to say.:)

Last edited:
I don’t know...

Back when I was drinking, puffing, posting, and generally enjoying life a whole lot more, I thought too that it would be a novel idea to have some sort of disclaimer, or indicator that what I posted was done so while under the influence.

I had thought that maybe I’d change the color of text to red or something to denote which posts were which, but ultimately decided it’s best to take ownership of my belligerence, and deal with the aftermath that could and did occur.

I like to think I’m basically the same person when inebriated, which is still a d!ck, but with less of a filter.

ymmv.

Sometimes we go through phases in life where we've each enjoyed our moments of pleasure-seeking, fame and fortune. In a controlled setting, IMHO, that's a non-issue. I personally recall some of my buddies at our former Thursday blues jam who were heading in the wrong direction with their lives, too much of a "good thing" in their view, that was leading them in a downward spiral.

Their pleasure-seeking was interfering with their ability to be good guitarists. Even so, on occasion there were times, for self-preservation, I'd need to distance myself from the crowd and realize just where my own life was heading.

As much as it was fun and the experience gave you an adrenaline rush of being in front of an applauding crowd, the letdown of going home and being left with only memories of the evening did little to satisfy my thirst for understanding what the rest of the world was experiencing while we were partying our butts off on jam nights.

Perhaps the reason for my finally realizing jam nights were an escape from my problems instead of facing them, and finding inner peace without needing excessive amounts of alcohol solved my questions.

While I personally don't discourage any of your folks from enjoying yourselves, my question still remains: Does alcohol or recreational substances need to be part of your lives in order for you to enjoy life?

if perhaps some of you folks drink to be social, do you drink responsibly? I think that is what the issue might be; can we still enjoy ourselves but not infringe on others' enjoyment. We might literally need to think before we speak or act, and realize that drinking socially lowers our inhibitions and increases our tendency to be judgmental.

@sergiodeblanc, over the years we've had the pleasure of knowing each other in various guitar forums, you've often worn your true colors "on your sleeve' when you make a decision or judge, but don't ever let that stop you from being you. You're still young and have a while before you hang up your wild oats and settle into life. You have time to choose your paths in life.

I just hope that someday your filter helps you choose your words and actions so that your filter isn't a filter anymore, it's a conscience that will help guide your steps in life. Perhaps this is me being a dick. Perhaps it's me being a concerned older man who has already been where you are.

And, yeah, I'm personally trying to do the same in life, avoid trouble and not get caught up in the crowd scene, but sometimes when I might be swept up in the fun and sometimes forget at day's end, someone has to clean up from the party.

Oh, we're not trying to stop this behavior, just to have a prepared response which will be funny to those who "get it."

Oh, this will be used more for amusement than for smacking of the hand. I mean, we've had a few times lately when someone needed to get their ruler out, but I'm more interested in having fun.
So like "Nun's knuckles"?

I don’t know...

ymmv.

I haven't experienced your dickiness yet. Not sure that I believe it. We'll see what a 5 hour round trip road trip to hook up with Gush brings out!

Oh you mean...Fuzzy Post...wait so you're saying you can post when you're not fuzzy...hmm, who knew?

Time Stamp: The time is 2:01 a.m. CDST. ;)

Time stamp: 2:49 AM CST. Not fuzzy, just tired. The girl pooch has a UTI and the Mrs is sound asleep. I'm on Doggie Duty. Two hours of sleep will make for a fun Tuesday!

Hmmmm...got me thinkin' + coffee...= TROUBLE.
Love the idea of the new "Drunk Purchase" term, thankfully never done it. How 'bout one for "I thought I could get it by my wife"...-OR-...BOGO, when the sales person gives you a GREAT DEAL on 2!!!!!!!!!!!
Might even revive the old PRS Lexicon...???

and CandidPicker...some very good points in your write-up above.

Last edited:
Back