Official NGD-PRS SE245

matt mcgriff

So now I can do a NGD post, after making the SE245 my own by swapping out the strings for 10's along with the associated nut work so they don't bind. Also oiled up the fretboard and swapped out the Amber knobs for gold/clear ones. Plugged it into my yamaha THR5, which I love by the way, and this thing rocks. Sounds and plays fantastic. As I mentioned in another post, I had not given the SE guitars a chance, thought they were overpriced vs other import models of F and G. I have a Squier CV60 Strat that I love, somewhat because I got it basically new for under $200 and then did a complete rewiring and pickup swap to Bill Lawrence Keystones on it. Have about $350 in it and it awesome.

Let me just say that the SE is a great guitar. The neck , action and feel are superb and the electronics are solid. The instrument is built like a tank and the fit and finish are top notch. The only problem is that now I can't help but wonder what a core PRS is like if a low end one is this good.

Awesome guitar! I wonder the same thing.....I'm gassing for a tremonti SE custom and my wife keeps asking what I want for Christmas. I'm tempted to tell her that but I'm also thinking of saving and getting the core.

I play my 245 more than my $2000 les Paul.

Sweet, and cool upgrades as well.

As to the core ones you mention...bwahahahahaha!

Only thing I can disagree with you is of hot opinion on PRS Korean guitars vs other international guitars.. I've had several other international guitars and the se line is so far above and beyond them it's unfair. Beautiful guitar you have there.:)

Only thing I can disagree with you is of hot opinion on PRS Korean guitars vs other international guitars.. I've had several other international guitars and the se line is so far above and beyond them it's unfair. Beautiful guitar you have there.:)

Don't disagree at all. But never really had a chance to try them out, except the grimy, beat up ones at guitar center. Not the best representation of them.

Back