Off-Topic: What to Do with Your Stimulus?

You don’t even get medals for fourth place and below.

i too hate sicily.

it’s something, and it’s food for sure, and i would definitely probably eat it, but you do not need a guy from the florida (the worst state) to notice you’re still missing out on the crust experience.

plus all chicago food is other food perverted into a casserole, which, again, much love, but isn’t ‘chicago baked salad’ what killed dolph sweet?

i too hate sicily.

it’s something, and it’s food for sure, and i would definitely probably eat it, but you do not need a guy from the florida (the worst state) to notice you’re still missing out on the crust experience.

plus all chicago food is other food perverted into a casserole, which, again, much love, but isn’t ‘chicago baked salad’ what killed dolph sweet?

1) I don’t hate Sicily.

2) Florida is not the worst state, it doesn’t even medal or get an honorable mention. Arkansas is the worst state.

3) Dying from eating Chicago food is like dying during sex: we all should be so lucky.

I gots no check coming because Uncle Sam assumes that if a person made a certain income in 2019 then they are unaffected by the 2020 Coronavirus/economic downturn.

Yes, I’m a tiny bit bitter. Lol.

But if I were getting a check, I’d either buy a new AR (in .300 blackout), a new amp, or a new business computer.

I hear you. Mine is being discounted because we made too much. Great income in Iowa....not so great in NYC or LA. But we are still getting a check....eventually.

Id build up another AR as well. But this would be a mid length. I built one for my sone a few months ago and loved how it handle. Harder than a rifle.....but faster to bring back on target than a carbine. Smooth operator. Reminds me of my 10/22.....

1) I don’t hate Sicily.

2) Florida is not the worst state, it doesn’t even medal or get an honorable mention. Arkansas is the worst state.

3) Dying from eating Chicago food is like dying during sex: we all should be so lucky.

ground beef in a pan could be an arkansas pizza. (my mother lives there.)

don’t get all carl sandburg on me, deblanc! i am a long time fan — of any northern town that can compete with louisiana for calories-on-a-plate. although pennsylvania snd minnesota also place.

I’m gonna be hurting if I can’t find a steak or chicken though.

Luckily, I became a flexitarian (semi-vegetarian) four years ago. I can go weeks without eating any kind of animal flesh, even seafood. I can eat vegan if I need to because making complete proteins from plant-based sources is now second nature. However, I can see how hard a meat shortage is going to be on people who eat meat every day. My girlfriend took a while to understand that being a flexitarian is not about substituting a meat-based meal a couple of times a week. It is about eating a primarily plant-based diet. One gets most of the health-related benefits of being a vegetarian without the restrictions that make being a vegetarian difficult while on the road. One of children is a vegan. Now, that is a difficult way to eat while away from home.

Cast iron is the best thing in the whole world. Seasoning it sucks @ss though. I had to get out my sanding pads and everything.

If you are talking about the Lodge crap, yes, seasoning cast iron sucks. That stuff is made for camping. However, one can do what I did and purchase used Griswold cast iron from estate sales. There is a night and day difference between the cast iron cookware made by Griswold and Lodge. High quality cast iron is being produced today, but it is not cheap. My newest piece of non-enameled cast iron is over 60 years old and my oldest is over 90 years old. Good cast iron is a lifetime purchase. The trick is to find the diamonds in the rough. They are the skillets with years of caked on grease from being loved. Restoring this cast iron is as simple as running it through an oven on self-clean. I personally use the yellow Easy Off method. After the cast iron has been stripped down to bare metal, I coat the entire surface with grape seed oil and put it in the oven at 350F for hour, let it cool, and repeat the process until the cast iron is a deep brown. From there, it is a matter of never using soap to clean it. I use a chain mail scrubber and hot water followed up by a light coat of grape seed oil. Nothing makes a better crust on a grilled cheese sandwich than a cast iron skillet.

I tried to give my postal guy some money and he told me that’s it illegal for them to take money... so I offer to buy his lunch or meet him at grocery store to buy his groceries. Just have to be creative.

Understood. I posted a sign outside my door bestowing honor on our delivery persons...

When you think about it...what is mail anyway than either cardboard cartons, envelopes, or written word on paper...? Not sure why the world has to be so difficult...

Me, OTOH, am watching my diet and exercise today, which includes my starches...doc told me that a lower starch diet will help improve weight management...

Last edited:
If you are talking about the Lodge crap, yes, seasoning cast iron sucks. That stuff is made for camping. However, one can do what I did and purchase used Griswold cast iron from estate sales. There is a night and day difference between the cast iron cookware made by Griswold and Lodge. High quality cast iron is being produced today, but it is not cheap. My newest piece of non-enameled cast iron is over 60 years old and my oldest is over 90 years old. Good cast iron is a lifetime purchase. The trick is to find the diamonds in the rough. They are the skillets with years of caked on grease from being loved. Restoring this cast iron is as simple as running it through an oven on self-clean. I personally use the yellow Easy Off method. After the cast iron has been stripped down to bare metal, I coat the entire surface with grape seed oil and put it in the oven at 350F for hour, let it cool, and repeat the process until the cast iron is a deep brown. From there, it is a matter of never using soap to clean it. I use a chain mail scrubber and hot water followed up by a light coat of grape seed oil. Nothing makes a better crust on a grilled cheese sandwich than a cast iron skillet.

Yup. I always take the pre-seasoning / soy oil crap off by using self cleaning oven (then I change my house filters cuz that shyt stinks). It’s grey raw iron when it comes out. Then I sand and polish for 30 min. Then I put 7 layers of grape seed oil (because flax chips off).

I’m the youngest grandchild so I missed out on getting my grandmas cast iron from 1920. Someone had already claimed it.

I don’t do the estate sale / garage sale thing. Too many traumatic memories from being drug to them as a child.

Hahaha! Yes! Most of my trauma stems from my mother’s shopping/retail trips I was exposed to. I swear my throat closes up whenever I’m looking at greeting cards, buttons (sewing), and antique furniture.

Exactly! I swear I get an asthma attack every time I see a garage/estate sale sign.

And no I don’t even have asthma.

I can do online sales just fine though.

griswold is the ‘58 gibson of cast iron and i can make a perfectly frank arky pizza in a post-9/11 grocery store lodge logic.

and yes i have heard eric johnson can tell the oxide content of the grill cheese griddle but read the whole interview, his point was tone is in the bread.

and yes i have heard eric johnson can tell the oxide content of the grill cheese griddle but read the whole interview, his point was tone is in the bread.

That's hilarious!

I don’t do the estate sale / garage sale thing. Too many traumatic memories from being drug to them as a child.

I do not really look for cast iron. It just kind of finds me. You would be amazed at how people who would pay $300.00 for a new high-end cast iron skillet will overlook a perfectly good Griswold or Wagner skillet that has been stored in a garage or basement for 50 years because it needs a little freshening up. It used to be that way with vintage equipment before eBay.

Fe = Iron
Fe-line = Cat
Fe-e = What you pay for surcharges, and what you pay to reach Nirvana tonight

Am buying spinach for my pasta florentine this week...why, you may ask? Because leafy greens contains iron, a nutrient essentially for healthy blood. And, no, I'm not pre-natal.

Last edited:
Hahaha! Yes! Most of my trauma stems from my mother’s shopping/retail trips I was exposed to. I swear my throat closes up whenever I’m looking at greeting cards, buttons (sewing), and antique furniture.

Exactly! I swear I get an asthma attack every time I see a garage/estate sale sign.

And no I don’t even have asthma.

I can do online sales just fine though.

It could be worse....my wife is a Dumpster Diver

Back