Off-Topic: What to Do with Your Stimulus?

PM me if you might be looking for hourly work in a retail environment that offers benefits with a 30 hour work week. I can direct you to our corporate website where you can apply.

I wasn't sure if this was directed to everyone on the board or just me. But I'm okay actually. My company just can't get their head out of their ass that's all. They screwed up the sales targets so I didn't get any bonus pay for the year. But I still have a job with a base salary and benefits and can pay the bills - it just wasn't a good year on paper. I'd almost prefer that this money was given out to unemployment to help support the people that really need it right now. But I'll take the money. Perhaps I'll do like Ray and give mine to my brother who lost his job. (and my wife would kill me if I bought another guitar I think. But perhaps I can grab another pedal?? or and SM57???)

edit - I've been checking but no direct deposit for me yet.

I wasn't sure if this was directed to everyone on the board or just me. But I'm okay actually. My company just can't get their head out of their ass that's all. They screwed up the sales targets so I didn't get any bonus pay for the year. But I still have a job with a base salary and benefits and can pay the bills - it just wasn't a good year on paper. I'd almost prefer that this money was given out to unemployment to help support the people that really need it right now. But I'll take the money. Perhaps I'll do like Ray and give mine to my brother who lost his job. (and my wife would kill me if I bought another guitar I think. But perhaps I can grab another pedal?? or and SM57???)

edit - I've been checking but no direct deposit for me yet.

buy a guitar from your brother.

I suspect that food prices are going to rise. It does appear that a lot of the shortages were caused by people who raided the stores looking to profiteer after things got bad. For example yeast and flour are nowhere to found in my area. There is a seller on Amazon who is selling 4oz jars of Fleischman’s yeast for $57.00 when this item usually sells for under $5.00. Luckily, making a sour dough culture is not rocket science.

Yup. We just heard that there might be a shortage of meat coming our way. Fortunately, I’m not a big bread eater (I don’t even keep bread in my house) but I do miss the Swedish pancakes from a little local shop.

If I need bread, I will just call on my ancestors to provide me with a simple fry bread recipe.

I’m gonna be hurting if I can’t find a steak or chicken though.

Yup. We just heard that there might be a shortage of meat coming our way. Fortunately, I’m not a big bread eater (I don’t even keep bread in my house) but I do miss the Swedish pancakes from a little local shop.

If I need bread, I will just call on my ancestors to provide me with a simple fry bread recipe.

I’m gonna be hurting if I can’t find a steak or chicken though.

Aww... don’t worry, pet stores are still open.

I have no check coming. I have donated to our local Foundation to help food banks and to our local Economic Development Corp. to offer loans to small businesses for operating expenses. I also tip any service person who delivers to my home or helps me at the grocery. Like many, I consider these people heroes.

If and when I can be present when delivery persons arrive, I'd be more than happy to tip these folks for their tireless work. They're the folks who deliver our mail and packages each day, without reward, or kind word. Maybe a posted sign outside my apartment thanking them would provide them with needed encouragement, if not an actual monetary thanks. Will get on that this afternoon.

Our grocery stores usually have options during this time with which one can make a monetary donation to the food bank, since physical donations aren't accepted currently.

If and when I can be present when delivery persons arrive, I'd be more than happy to tip these folks for their tireless work. They're the folks who deliver our mail and packages each day, without reward, or kind word. Maybe a posted sign outside my apartment thanking them would provide them with needed encouragement, if not an actual monetary thanks. Will get on that this afternoon.

Our grocery stores usually have options during this time with which one can make a monetary donation to the food bank, since physical donations aren't accepted currently.

I tried to give my postal guy some money and he told me that’s it illegal for them to take money... so I offer to buy his lunch or meet him at grocery store to buy his groceries. Just have to be creative.

Pizza is always the answer, sh1tloads of pizza.
My son and I love pizza but he has epilepsy and in order to reduce the seizures, he can't have the bread. I found a great way to have it. It's a real "deep dish" pizza. Just take all the ingredients that would be on the bread, put them in a deep cast iron frying pan in layers of meat and/or veggies, sauce, and cheese,. Bake it for half an hour. There's your pizza. It's about 90% of the original and a pretty decent meal.

My son and I love pizza but he has epilepsy and in order to reduce the seizures, he can't have the bread. I found a great way to have it. It's a real "deep dish" pizza. Just take all the ingredients that would be on the bread, put them in a deep cast iron frying pan in layers of meat and/or veggies, sauce, and cheese,. Bake it for half an hour. There's your pizza. It's about 90% of the original and a pretty decent meal.

Cast iron is the best thing in the whole world. Seasoning it sucks @ss though. I had to get out my sanding pads and everything.

Mine is going towards a WL HB 594 whenever it comes in. I guess that depends on when the factory is allowed to open back up.

no politics but this completely sidesteps pizza, ‘defeating its own purpose’.

Back