Of Nightmares and Happy Endings

watelessness

At first it started with me calling PRS about the special order for the Experience guitar as I had missed the window to pre-order one through a reseller. To my surprise, PRSh answered the phone, took my request, and told me one would be ready when i got there as they were painting them to order. In my head i'm thinking "wow, real-time manufacturing. how cool".

So i fly down there for Experience but my flight was late and i missed the meet-and-greet where all those who pre-ordered guitars got to play them, so PRSh went and got me my guitar so that i could play it acoustically. I felt bad, like i was annoying him, like i usually do when i ask him question. The guitar was gorgeous, btw, with the light rosewood fretboard and dark rosewood neck, the blue-green flames that changed to quilt if you moved the guitar. The birds on the neck were iridescent turquoise light they had internal lights. It felt great in my hands, had solid resonance, and sounded fine acoustically. I asked to play it plugged through an amp so Shawn and i headed off to the amp room.

But then it got weird. We took some circuitous route to the amp room through parts of the factory that i did not recognize from previous visits. When we got there we had somehow lost my guitar in the process so Shawn went looking for it. Meanwhile, PRSh got on the PA system and announced he was going to retire from day-to-day activity and just become a managing partner, and that the factory was going to move.

So, yeah, it got weird, but then weirder. Shawn had turned into Pat but neither one could find my guitar. Then i had to run back to the airport because i had an early flight and i never did get that gorgeous guitar.

When i woke up it took me several minutes to rationalize that i was just having a nightmare, a very unpleasant nightmare. The only thing good about it was that i know i was dreamwalking with Sergio and that's how the blue guitar got in my head. Or it was from a recent factory facebook post?

The happy ending came a few hours later when i got the call that my HXDA had been shipped from the factory and that i would have it before this weekend. Oh, man, such wonderful news. I had been told that it wouldn't have been completed until the Spring. The only thing that bothers me now is why i was dreaming about new guitars when i've only been waiting on an amp. Maybe I really do need another blue guitar, with iridescent birds, a two-piece tail....

Who DOESN’T need another blue guitar (or two)???
Great. Now you tell me. I've been drooling over this blue SC 594 at my local PRS pusher. I keep telling myself "I don't need another guitar. I don't need another guitar." Don't they say if you say something three times it comes true?

Hold up, he didn’t say what I was wearing in it.

CliffNotes version...Paul called Wastlessness and invited him to the factory for an “Experience”, you were there wearing a blue guitar...then there was a happy ending.

CliffNotes version...Paul called Wastlessness and invited him to the factory for an “Experience”, you were there wearing a blue guitar...then there was a happy ending.

I'm definitely not giving Paul a happy ending for a blue guitar.

Back