Of Carpets & Drapes

]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

Zombie Zero, DFZ
Call me old fashioned but I like it when things match. A brazier and undies, for example, look best as a set. Fingernails and toenails in the same color polish? I love that. And when both make an appearance at same time on the same lovely lady, I am over the moon.

When it comes to guitars, I have equally aristocratic inclinations. The upper and lower half of a book-matched-maple top, as an example, must be a near perfect mirror image of one another or I won’t even consider the guitar. Also, I generally keep guitars with gold hardware in cases that also have gold hardware (and nickel with nickel). And the thing I notice before anything else is whether or not the pickup rings match the tuner buttons.

If I weren’t so particular, I wouldn’t play PRS.

In my personal experience, the carpets don't always match the drapes. Is it a deal killler....no. And I'm a numbers guys where things always have to align in business. Maybe I give a pass to guitars where I live with those imperfections as long as I enjoy the ride.

You have a brazier to match undies?

613dDtSUjvL._SL1024_.jpg

""When it comes to guitars, I have equally aristocratic inclinations. The upper and lower half of a book-matched-maple top, as an example, must be a near perfect mirror image of one another or I won’t even consider the guitar""
Interesting... one of the things that's always bothered me about a lot of PRS guitars is the amount of mis-match on the tops. Pretty much every other brand I've owned, played or seen does a much better job of book matching.
I'm not talking about veneer tops either. In fact, I've seen quite a few PRS that look like the two halves of the top are from completely different boards...
Not talking trash here or trying to start anything, just speaking about my personal experience.
In fact, I'd like to see some pics posted here of properly book-matched tops!

You're a tough guy to please, Hans.

While I appreciate a woman who takes good care of herself in all those details you mention, I can't say that non-matching underwear (or other mismatch) was ever a deal-breaker.

Perhaps I was distracted in the moment of such revelations?

Back