NWLGD

That is a mighty fine piece of kit.

Indeed, it is!!! Then again, I have yet to find a PRS that isn't ;)

Incredible!!

Thanks!!! Still super excited about it!!!

Congrats! Great finish, and I love RW necks and Braz boards.

That’s a nice stable you have there!

Thank you!!! I must say, I'm really loving the selection I've been fortunate enough to build...I can really cover a lot of ground between the five of them :D

As with any PRS!!! :p

Stunning build, I just played my friend's CU24 in Charcoal cherry burst like the one you have but with the 85/15's
gorgeous guitar too, but how do you find the 85/15 LT's in CU24 format since they are vintage sounding
and we all know what made the CU24's tone so desirable? "HFS"!!!

So far I haven't been able to really put it through it's paces in a band setting, but so far I really like what I'm hearing. My Custom 24 (which is actually Burnt Maple Leaf) is equipped with 59/09's and, as far as I can tell so far, are a bit more edgy with more "cut" than the 58/15MT's. Not better or worse for either guitar, but different in their own rights. I'm really excited to practice with 24-08 this weekend and see how the classically voiced pickups sound in regards to our setlist. I will say, the splits are the best I've heard.

That’s smokin’! I even love the case. :cool: BTW, you can make those pickups scream with the right rig config. The HFS is not necessary.

Yeah, the black paisley cases are so nice....makes me feel kinda fancy :p So excited to try these new pickups out, put 'em through their paces.

Awesome guitar! Love the finish and hardware.

Yeah, red and black have kinda always been one of my favorite color combinations...ever since I was a kid. When I saw this one, I just couldn't get it outta my head.

Oh man thats one of the nicest 24-08's I've seen! HNGD

Thanks!!! I've seen some pretty sweet 24-08's on this forum as well. They're all spectacular guitars!!! This one definitely spoke to me, though.

Thanks!!! :)

Nice dark neck on that baby!!

Yeah, buddy!!! I've been wanting a Custom 24 with a rosewood neck for a bit now. My Custom 22 has a rosewood neck, and while I like the different vocal characteristics of a 22 fret guitar, right now 24-fretters have just been working best for me.

A couple practices in and a couple opportunities to put this thing through our entire set-list and I am smitten with this guitar. The tonal range is so vast and responsive...not only in terms of the volume and tone knobs, but to my amplifier as well (Blackstar HT60 Soloist). We cover a lot of ground, from hard rock, to hip-hop, to eighties New-Wave, to Country, to Soul and R&B and this thing nailed EVERYTHING without even flinching. I keep getting compliments from the rest of the band on how incredible the tone is on this guitar.

If anybody has the opportunity to take one of these for a spin, I highly recommend it. The 85/15 pickups are truly something special.

Back