NWLGD

ElrytNamrogo

My name be scrambled
Well, more-so last Wednesday, but I really wasn't able to spend much time with it, let alone get pics, until this past weekend.

Custom 24-08 Wood Library in Fire-red to grey-black fade finish. East Indian Rosewood neck with a Brazilian board. 58/15MT pickups with Smoked Black Chrome hardware.

I really cannot say enough good things about this instrument. For starters, up until now the Dragon II neck pick-up had been my favorite split-coil sound I had found so far. These new 58-15MT's are incredible, and the neck-split is heavenly. Really, they sound great in all positions and remind me a bit of the 57-08's but with a little more edge to them...still very warm and not harsh at all, though.

The Brazilian board is also a first for me on this one. Looks-wise, it's VERY dark, almost as dark as the ebony on my HBII. Resonance-wise, it sings. This particular guitar has some incredible sustain, both acoustically and electrically. As always, I'm sure it can attributed to the sum of all parts (between electronics, build, and materials used) but this guitar has a beautiful voice and rings like a bell.

Anyways, here are the obligatory pics...
bqS3txM.jpg

nF7Y3Xi.jpg
CiJcnBE.jpg
zA0r27X.jpg
0sAGniZ.jpg

q4dL1Nh.jpg
k7USMkg.jpg

ChLKRqt.jpg
ndVfcap.jpg
gpwpbN4.jpg
mbbh0aQ.jpg
oVmXrEi.jpg
ZrwncUJ.jpg
JswmZRc.jpg
VMmM9vW.jpg

I did have to let one go, my SE Singlecut Trem had to move along. While I loved the guitar (my first introduction to PRS Guitars) I just couldn't get along with it after moving to the thinner neck-profile, double-cuts. Good thing though....I sold it to the bass player in the band and we practice at his house, so I'll be able to see it often and I know that it's gone to a good home. Extra bonus...this is his introduction to PRS guitars, so that always feels good.

As always, I HAVE to give a major shout-out to the wifey for putting up with my undying obsession with guitars...and not only guitars, but PRS guitars. Her patience and understanding is nothing short of saintly, I truly am a lucky, lucky man.

I like the mini toggles, going to get one someday. Your choice is smooth, love the neck and fade.

Thanks!!! Yeah, I'm loving the mini toggles...the contours around them add to the visual appeal. If you haven't yet, these 24-08's are really worth a try - I cannot say enough about these pickups.

Congrats! That is smokin'!!

Sweet top!

Thanks!!! I'm really enjoying it. Gonna try it out at practice this weekend, see how it fits with the music we've been playing.

That is ridiculous! Great finish, and that neck...:cool:

Thank you!!! My wife was using the word "ridiculous" a lot when I started talking about wanting to buy this one...but just not in the same context. :p

Bangin’!

[Fist bump] ;)

I'm loving those red to black fades, very cool!!

Yeah, I've been really into all the fade finishes lately, and this one really caught my eye. With the Artist-grade top, natural back, and smoked hardware, I just couldn't get it out of my head.

Hot! Congrats! I totally agree with your take on the MT pickups, and splits, etc. Best ever!

Absolutely! The splits without the volume loss is wonderful, I just know this guitar is going to get used A LOT in our setup. I'm really ready to open this thing up in a band setting. I've only been able to play it at home on a little Marshall DSL-1, which is a great little tube amp, but still not quite enough to really let this thing shine.

The only approval that matters, really....well, that and the wife's. :D

I COULD GO BRAZZIE ALL DAY, ANY DAY. NICE CHOICE!!!

Yeah, this is my first experience with it and I'm really enjoying it. It's smooth and rings really well. Also, the smell of brazilian rosewood something I wasn't quite prepared for. I read somewhere that it had it's own distinct aroma, but was kinda surprised at how strong it was....in a good way, of course.

Congrats! Great finish, and I love RW necks and Braz boards.

That’s a nice stable you have there!

Stunning build, I just played my friend's CU24 in Charcoal cherry burst like the one you have but with the 85/15's
gorgeous guitar too, but how do you find the 85/15 LT's in CU24 format since they are vintage sounding
and we all know what made the CU24's tone so desirable? "HFS"!!!

That’s smokin’! I even love the case. :cool: BTW, you can make those pickups scream with the right rig config. The HFS is not necessary.

Back