NWLGD: 408 Semi-hollow!

Skeeter

This is a little belated NGD due to all the holidays - but here it is! This is from the magnificent run of Wood Library 408 Semi-hollows conjured up by Brian, and with a RW neck to boot!

I'm just using the excellent pics from their site, as I haven't had a chance to take pictures in good lighting. The quilt is gorgeous 3D in person, and the color is warmer and not quite as yellow in more natural light.

Preliminary tone report from playing a few days through my Friedman SmallBox - this thing sounds huge! The RW neck seems to further extenuate the lows and highs of the 408s, as compared to my Siggy. And the SH body gives it a nice resonance when playing clean or with a little dirt - definitely sounds cool with the coil splits. And at 6.5 lbs, it's nice and easy on the back ;)

Alright, I'll shut up, here are the pics. Besides the 2013 EXP guitars, these SH's don't exist outside Private Stock, so shout out to Brian again!!

DSC_9066_zpsxlmz7upb.jpg

DSC_9062_zpsmgqkfppw.jpg

DSC_9074_zpsjvhzefau.jpg
;)
DSC_9077_zpslmbzy1n4.jpg

I love everything about it! Stunning top and color. Congrats on a very nice score!

Ah, this thing is just plain gorgeous!

I really liked this Brian's limited run. Especially the ones in blood orange - but they were gone in like weeks. So I was too late hesitating too much o_O
But then again, I thought that I can't leave myself without a 408 SH this holiday season, so I immediately grabbed the XPRS 2013 in vintage sunburst just a couple of days ago. Still waitin' for it to land!

What's the neck profile on this one?
And the body thickness?

Congrats Skeeter - I stalked that one on Brian's site many times, glad she found a new home. Beautiful combination there.

I have one of the XPRS 408SHs and it really is a great platform. Mine has a 'hog neck and ebony board - would love to noodle around with both to hear the differences.

Back