Nut swap/question

davesultra

Greetings!
Curious to know what the difference is between the SE nut and a regular Core series nut. If they are different, can a Core series one be used? Or would the spacing be different? Thanks in advance for any help.

Greetings!
Curious to know what the difference is between the SE nut and a regular Core series nut. If they are different, can a Core series one be used? Or would the spacing be different? Thanks in advance for any help.
The Core is far superior. It's made from some type of proprietary blend of stuff. We call it "unobtanium". It likely has some Unicorn horn dust in it. Whatever it is, that is the ONE thing that should be upgraded on any SE. The Core version is a direct drop in replacement.

The Core is far superior. It's made from some type of proprietary blend of stuff. We call it "unobtanium". It likely has some Unicorn horn dust in it. Whatever it is, that is the ONE thing that should be upgraded on any SE. The Core version is a direct drop in replacement.

They certainly have metallic properties. When I bought a couple, they were clinking in the wee bag!

Last edited:
The SE nut is a nylon based material. The core nut adds brass powder and ground glass, according to Paul. Then there is the unicorn horn dust, eye of newt, and a special tincture made from the wings of a 2,000 year old bat.The core nut is slightly less wide. A quick pass with a magic marker hides that.

Not on all SE’s!

My Sweetwater SE Santana Standard actually has a smaller area at the nut, there was some over-hang.

But that guitars neck is weird....

I was combing through old threads looking for this very thing.

Did you put the core nut on your Santana SE despite the size difference?

Not on all SE’s!

My Sweetwater SE Santana Standard actually has a smaller area at the nut, there was some over-hang.

But that guitars neck is weird....
Wouldn’t a USA standard nut work, then? I also misspoke, I should have said more shallow, from the end of the fretboard to the tip of the headstock.

I was combing through old threads looking for this very thing.

Did you put the core nut on your Santana SE despite the size difference?

Yup.

Wouldn’t a USA standard nut work, then? I also misspoke, I should have said more shallow, from the end of the fretboard to the tip of the headstock.

That I do not know.

The SE nut is a nylon based material. The core nut adds brass powder and ground glass, according to Paul. Then there is the unicorn horn dust, eye of newt, and a special tincture made from the wings of a 2,000 year old bat.The core nut is slightly less wide. A quick pass with a magic marker hides that.

I think its Bronze powder but don't quote me on that. This is something I need to do for my Santana SE sounds easy.

If I remember correctly Paul had to destroy an entire planet filled with tall blue people in order to obtain the unobtanium.

If I remember correctly Paul had to destroy an entire planet filled with tall blue people in order to obtain the unobtanium.

Paul would never do that. He would open a factory there and a growth program! He’s shrewd!!

Back