Nut replacement

Bolt-on

One of my CE 24's needs a nut replaced, seemingly straight forward but assuming it leads to mistakes. I'm worried about the adhesive used and whether or not it'll take some of the guitar with it. Any experience or advice would be much appreciated. Using genuine parts so I'm hoping it's kinda drop-in with near zero tweaking :)
Thanks!

Most guitar nuts are attached to the headstock with a small amount of superglue.

A gentle tap on nut should dislodge it.

Hopefully the video may be of help too.

Thanks, I replaced one on an old strat which fits in a slot but just making sure no one's experience on removing a PRS nut specifically turned into an unfortunate extra finish repair or small piece of fretboard tagging along with the nut

Sometimes...I have this kind of luck...(just a light tap and the nut will fall off....)
brokenheadstock.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I replaced one on an old strat which fits in a slot but just making sure no one's experience on removing a PRS nut specifically turned into an unfortunate extra finish repair or small piece of fretboard tagging along with the nut

Sometimes...I have this kind of luck...(just a light tap and the nut will fall off....)
brokenheadstock.jpg

I refrain from commenting on your photo.

As Sergio said, run a sharp blade gently/carefully around the edges nut, to save taking any finish off when you tap it. That’s what the dude on the video suggests also.

I think I remember a tale of woe from at least one forum member, in relation to an SE nut removal, whereby a small piece on the headstock came off (not anywhere like your photo!).

Thing to remember, if it’s being awkward, don’t force it.

Keep us posted how you get on with it.

brokenheadstock.jpg
I do that sh!t on purpose!

Back