NUGD: Stripped 58 is Core #1

Wow. The craftsmanship, appearance, playability, responsiveness, unplugged tone, plugged in sound. After getting weaned on an S2 594 singlecut and some SE245s, including an awesome soapbar, when this one popped up it was too good to resist.

The NUGD, emphasis on the U, is additionally appropriate in this case since this guitar's debut on the forum came before mine, courtesy of @Andrew Paul last year:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/nugd-something-different-for-me.51293/. A few small dings but otherwise looks nothing like a dozen years old.

It's a great classic rock machine. What's personally nice about it compared to the 594 McCartys are the 57/08 pickups, the Phase III tuners and the V12 finish which isn't as sticky as the current nitro. And the 'dirty' birds seem more elegant than cheap.

Thanks to those of you here who have sung the praises of Stripped 58s for your influence in helping to choose the perfect starter Core.

S2.png

S1.jpg

S3.png
That is OMG gorgeous. Heart-melting.

A keeper, for sure.

That is one of the best looking stripped 50's I have seen. Congrats! I have an SC-58 Artist in a custom color. These are really good guitars that sort of flew under the radar. They really are fantastic sounding and playing guitars.

Hey, all--I just found an older thread that's related, with this particular post being pretty relevant to some questions being asked here:

Hey, all--I just found an older thread that's related, with this particular post being pretty relevant to some questions being asked here:

Great thread with lots of detail. Really glad that PRS made as many as they did during its brief run.

I wonder if the body thickness is the same between the SC-58 and the SC245? I know my SC-58 has a very thick, possibly my thickest guitar of the collection. I remember looking at the thicknesses of my single cuts at one point and remember it was the thickest. Now I may have to dig some guitars out and measure and compare them...

What an amazing guitar. Elegant, refined, yet ready to rock. I love it. Congrats.

Back