NUGD: Stripped 58 is Core #1

Prina

Avoiding imperial entanglements
Wow. The craftsmanship, appearance, playability, responsiveness, unplugged tone, plugged in sound. After getting weaned on an S2 594 singlecut and some SE245s, including an awesome soapbar, when this one popped up it was too good to resist.

The NUGD, emphasis on the U, is additionally appropriate in this case since this guitar's debut on the forum came before mine, courtesy of @Andrew Paul last year:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/nugd-something-different-for-me.51293/. A few small dings but otherwise looks nothing like a dozen years old.

It's a great classic rock machine. What's personally nice about it compared to the 594 McCartys are the 57/08 pickups, the Phase III tuners and the V12 finish which isn't as sticky as the current nitro. And the 'dirty' birds seem more elegant than cheap.

Thanks to those of you here who have sung the praises of Stripped 58s for your influence in helping to choose the perfect starter Core.

S2.png

S1.jpg

S3.png

Wow. The craftsmanship, appearance, playability, responsiveness, unplugged tone, plugged in sound. After getting weaned on an S2 594 singlecut and some SE245s, including an awesome soapbar, when this one popped up it was too good to resist.

The NUGD, emphasis on the U, is additionally appropriate in this case since this guitar's debut on the forum came before mine, courtesy of @Andrew Paul last year:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/nugd-something-different-for-me.51293/. A few small dings but otherwise looks nothing like a dozen years old.

It's a great classic rock machine. What's personally nice about it compared to the 594 McCartys are the 57/08 pickups, the Phase III tuners and the V12 finish which isn't as sticky as the current nitro. And the 'dirty' birds seem more elegant than cheap.

Thanks to those of you here who have sung the praises of Stripped 58s for your influence in helping to choose the perfect starter Core.

S2.png

S1.jpg

S3.png
Nice.

Smokin! Congrats. I love my stripper. Such a great guitar.

I went back and forth trying to decide between a 594 and SC58. In the end the 5708 and phase III won out for me too, plus l prefer the WF neck profile over the vintage. Solid choice.

Last edited:
Awesome! Congrats--Stripped 58's are amazing guitars. Especially if you have the bird inlays and a top that is as nice as that one, you're not missing much versus most other expensive singlecut guitars. I have one too, with 57/08's, and it's a phenomenal guitar and very versatile.

What makes this guitar "stripped"? Looks very nice to me, but maybe that is the point of stripped...
This was the 'stripped' version of the SC58 and all the stripped came without fretboard binding. The base configuration came with a pretty plain maple top and moon inlays. Like @Going Modal said "if you have the bird inlays and a top that is as nice as that one, you're not missing much" and I agree.

Last edited:
This was the 'stripped' version of the SC58 and all the stripped came without fretboard binding. The base configuration came with a pretty plain maple top and moon inlays. Like @Going Modal said "if you have the bird inlays and a top that is as nice as that one, you're not missing much" and I agree.
Ah, that is why I did not get it. A well dressed stripped guitar thet one is

Back