NuGD....stable was missing something

Very sweet ! Love the color!

Question about Paul's guitars, how come on some of Paul's guitar's like mine have the inlays that cover more than one fret but some like this green one the inlays fit between the frets?

DejIbfA.jpg

Great looking guitar! As for the inlays, I would say that it changed at some point, but no idea when. I had a 2015 Paul's and the inlays were just like yours. I grabbed a 2018 Exp Ltd which had the inlays only taking up one fret location. So, sometime between 2015 and 2018 it changed.

Yeah, that's right! Great guitar still!

The recent Paul's Guitars have smaller Brushstroke Inlays presumably because it is easier to do, less issues with the inlay material under the frets, etc. I think the change occurred when there was that 2 or 3 year hiatus on making Core Paul's Guitars in 2017-2019 ish?
Small brushstroke birds started with 2018 Experience LTD including the use of the 408 TCI pups. Looks like now they're reintroducing larger brushstroke birds.

2020 Paul's Guitar, 10 Top, in Emerald Green. I have owned a couple of Paul's in the past (and an ME-V 2020 Exp Ltd). One from the "first generation" with a trem, and a 2018 Exp Ltd, and missed having one. Wasn't really looking, but watching. Seller was listed high, and then made two substantial price drops to actually bring it lower than I thought it should have been. Had to jump. I haven't had a green guitar since I bought a Clapton in Seven-Up Green back in '88. That one is LONG gone (too bad...great neck). I dig the color, and also the back and neck. Some nice character to the back, and a little ribbon on the neck. Green strap from Heistercamp is on order (thanks @LSchefman for turning me onto them). No more to the story. On to some pics.

fokaYLU.jpg

wKOBYBa.jpg

BI1yGUS.jpg

a4GFtZR.jpg

WtJgmwC.jpg

xtxYAan.jpg
Whooeeee! that's nice! Paul's guitar was one that I really wanted too...

Small brushstroke birds started with 2018 Experience LTD including the use of the 408 TCI pups. Looks like now they're reintroducing larger brushstroke birds.
Really? Cool. The PRS website still shows brushstroke birds that "stay within the frets", but I do see some recent listing on Reverb with the bigger brushstrokes. Good! That's what I prefer. Maybe I'll eventually pick one up! (After my WL ME V, still "on order"...)

Really? Cool. The PRS website still shows brushstroke birds that "stay within the frets", but I do see some recent listing on Reverb with the bigger brushstrokes. Good! That's what I prefer. Maybe I'll eventually pick one up! (After my WL ME V, still "on order"...)
Yep.... just an example of a used on at a good price. Large brushstroke birds

Back