NUGD - SE Schizoid

goat-n-gitter

Dismembered
I had my eye on the SE Schizoid when it was announced, being as I am a bit of a prog-rock fan. The album cover that the art is taken from was always displayed prominently when indulging certain things in my long-ago wild youth. I was apprehensive when the early mixed reviews came in, and didn't want to spend the new price for a guitar that might only be wall-art.
This one popped up on the 'bay the other day, at an already decent price, but I made an offer and got it a decent bit cheaper still:

0823191526-XL.jpg

0823191513-XL.jpg

0823191514-XL.jpg

I was amazed when I unboxed it a little while ago, it is in absolutely pristine brand-new condition!
Close inspection reveals none of the little workmanship and finish issues that were brought up in some threads when these came out. It has an inspection date of April 2019, so maybe the Indonesia plant is getting its' act together. Plus, it plays great and the 85/15s pickups sound pretty darn good through my Mesa/Helix rig.

Just phone pix for now, but I'm planning to do a better photoshoot with my other core PRSi soon.

I had my eye on the SE Schizoid when it was announced, being as I am a bit of a prog-rock fan. The album cover that the art is taken from was always displayed prominently when indulging certain things in my long-ago wild youth. I was apprehensive when the early mixed reviews came in, and didn't want to spend the new price for a guitar that might only be wall-art.
This one popped up on the 'bay the other day, at an already decent price, but I made an offer and got it a decent bit cheaper still:

0823191526-XL.jpg

0823191513-XL.jpg

0823191514-XL.jpg

I was amazed when I unboxed it a little while ago, it is in absolutely pristine brand-new condition!
Close inspection reveals none of the little workmanship and finish issues that were brought up in some threads when these came out. It has an inspection date of April 2019, so maybe the Indonesia plant is getting its' act together. Plus, it plays great and the 85/15s pickups sound pretty darn good through my Mesa/Helix rig.

Just phone pix for now, but I'm planning to do a better photoshoot with my other core PRSi soon.
This album was formative for my musical tastes, but my wife finds the graphics really off-putting so I'll likely never have one...

Love it!

I think my son has my copy of the record with him in LA now. I listened to that record a ton when it was released.

This album was formative for my musical tastes, but my wife finds the graphics really off-putting so I'll likely never have one...

That's a shame, my wife thinks it looks cool and wants me to get a horizontal wall hanger to display it on my studio wall.

Back