NUGD - SE Camo

xjbebop

Yippy ki yay...
Inspired by this thread - https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/disappointing-quality-se-cu22-semi-hollow.35643/
Mrs. Bebop got a late Xmas present. She -LOVES- all things camo (heck, I'm wearing camo PJ's right now...;) ), and after we saw that thread, the hunt was on.
Found this guy on Reverb, click... buy.
Wow, talk about NOS, closet case queen, etc... 2005 SE Standard cu22. Looks absolutely untouched. Came out of the box & bag perfectly set up!! Tuned up the strings and that's it... ready to play. Very rare occurrence in my experience... even most brand new guitars require some adjustments to make me happy .
I don't know if it's because it's already 13 years old, but it's super resonant, has great sustain, and the generic SE pups sound great in this guitar. It's a bad azz rock machine!
Mrs. Bebop is quite pleased :D

GCt3LXV.jpg

GjCYaV9.jpg

SId1N4R.jpg

From what I've read, this was the very first SE "Standard" model (all mahogany), and the first SE satin/matte finish model. Pretty cool.
Not sure if these are the original knobs. Some or all of them came with black metal knurled knobs. I like these on this guitar though.
I suspect Ted Nugent would approve of this guitar :cool:

Cool!

Y'know, GFS sells hardcases in WW2 camo or modern desert camo. Actually Strat-sized but they aren't formfit so they suit a PRS just fine; I bought one for my Anniversary SE.

I prefer to have a hardcase for each guitar and nowadays many only come with a gigbag, so I got GFS cases for the SE and a number of guitars I bought used. They make 'em in some cool versions including different colors, fabric textures and even paisley. Wouldn't take one on tour but they're absolutely ok for light duty.

Cool!

Y'know, GFS sells hardcases in WW2 camo or modern desert camo. Actually Strat-sized but they aren't formfit so they suit a PRS just fine; I bought one for my Anniversary SE.

I prefer to have a hardcase for each guitar and nowadays many only come with a gigbag, so I got GFS cases for the SE and a number of guitars I bought used. They make 'em in some cool versions including different colors, fabric textures and even paisley. Wouldn't take one on tour but they're absolutely ok for light duty.
I've gotten very good deals on a few of these in interesting & wacky colors for the same purpose.
https://www.edenguitars.com/collections/eden®-lp-cases
They sell direct, on Ebay & reverb

In fact, both of my Vela's are kept safe in these...

Back