NuGD incoming - UPDATED: It's here!

Guys... this thing is awesome! Neck feels great (fairly round, but not overly chunky; big ol' frets like the Modern Eagle) and even with 0.010's the string-action is pretty slinky between the 24.5" scale + the tremolo. There is no sense of neck/body imbalance sitting in the lap--it's perfectly comfortable. A compact-feeling guitar actually, which I was not expecting. Volume/tone/3-way switch take a dedicated reach back to the butt of the guitar, but not at all a deal breaker. Just all-around, this thing screams "PRS" in every single aspect.

Fun fact: the hang tag says that the pickups are "West St."; meanwhile, a MODCAT lookup indicates them as "57/08." They do indeed have a very similar sound & feel as the 57/08's in my McCarty 58. Whatever they really are, they're staying because they look & sound perfect as-is.

Congratulations! It looks like quilt mahogany. :up:
It kind of IS, actually. These have Sapele tops (Sapele is a close relative of Mahogany, apparently) and most of these guitars have some quilt to them. I've never seen Sapele with a "flame" figure; but PRS must've got some good wood for this line of guitars, because many of them were quilted like this.

Man oh man! As if nobody ever noticed I’m a fan of Dragons…… One of my life‘s accomplishments is being retired knife maker. My makers mark is what you see on every thread I participate in. https://imgur.com/a/ePOVWzK

when I saw a picture of this guitar I was stopped dead in my tracks, are used to be a flame maple fan, quilt was killer and still is! It’s just not something that I see myself with a guitar that decked out. I love some satin, but when I saw this,
I think a bucket list guitar has been discovered. Even down to the color oh my goodness fabulous! Everything about this I love. You sir are a very lucky man

Guys... this thing is awesome! Neck feels great (fairly round, but not overly chunky; big ol' frets like the Modern Eagle) and even with 0.010's the string-action is pretty slinky between the 24.5" scale + the tremolo. There is no sense of neck/body imbalance sitting in the lap--it's perfectly comfortable. A compact-feeling guitar actually, which I was not expecting. Volume/tone/3-way switch take a dedicated reach back to the butt of the guitar, but not at all a deal breaker. Just all-around, this thing screams "PRS" in every single aspect.

Fun fact: the hang tag says that the pickups are "West St."; meanwhile, a MODCAT lookup indicates them as "57/08." They do indeed have a very similar sound & feel as the 57/08's in my McCarty 58. Whatever they really are, they're staying because they look & sound perfect as-is.
It’s too bad there are only 300 (301 counting the Great White Westie), plus a couple of PS knock offs :)p) out there. Such a fantastic model, and the favorite of my herd. So good I had to grab a 2nd one that popped up for cheap.

It's here..!

FSHsOCV.jpg

in3uJq6.jpg

Of particular note: this one's a 1-piece top... and feels like a fairly lightweight guitar, too (but not exactly neck-heavy, which is good). I'm psyched. Looking forward to some fresh strings, a bit of polishing up the fretboard & frets, and then putting it through its paces.
This is lava hot, congrats!

Back