NUGD a true classic

Cedar is typically lighter in color and not as red. Here is my natural cedar top PS (which I no longer own):

Wow, beautiful guitar! I checked pickup cavities, nothing written, saying redwood or cedar. I believe this is redwood from what I’ve read and what I looked at similar woodgrains on the Internet. What is your opinion?

Wow, beautiful guitar! I checked pickup cavities, nothing written, saying redwood or cedar. I believe this is redwood from what I’ve read and what I looked at similar woodgrains on the Internet. What is your opinion?

I wood guess redwood, but they are both from the same family of conifers.

Oh yeah, Sargent de Blanc is our resident Wing Officer and he likes to post and critique the gross errors of the amateurs.
Christmas tree wings are a “pro move”. Serg is a Pro………… embrace the idea & become a professional. Kinda like washing your Corvette & leaving the windshield filthy!

Not you PhennRock

UPS came today ;) and delivered a true classic a 1991 Limited Edition one of the 300. I owned one once before with a really unique redwood top that reminded me of the planet Jupiter, I ended up selling it to to acquire my PS MEV. Now forum member watelessness has that one. Nevertheless, I missed it in my arsenal and decided to own one again because they’re such great guitars. This is number 54 and has a nice Redwood top, Brazilian fingerboard, beautiful birds, Paul’s signature, etc.. total case queen and I’m looking to play this baby a lot. And Sergio thanks for the consultation.:cool:

C6ozWJ9.jpg

GIxzxlL.jpg

xGqwEn8.jpg
On a 1 to 10 that’s a full tilt 10!!!!

Thanks!! It’s really been such a joy to play it. The guitar is 31 years old. Seems like just yesterday to me when I played PRS for the first time in 1988. They were a game changer, then still improving and still a game changer now. But it is amazing how great the playability of these older ones are.

Back