NUGD a true classic

Oh man…… it has cometh from my mouth that I love plain tops an colors..I LIED!!!!!! That, is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! It had a cracked tone knob so I changed them out to amber ones with the type that PRS used in the 90’s. I think amber looks a little better than gold ones. ;)

ItQaPNj.jpg

That would be cheating!!! ….. but, now that I know, I’m sure I’ll have to do that if my high E branch is ever off LOL
I was joking of course, but the idea came to me about 3 years ago when everybody was poking fun at somebody for the string job they did with the wings. I thought "all you have to do is line them up pretty for the photo. Nobody is going to know it's out of tune!" :D

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I was joking of course, but the idea came to me about 3 years ago when everybody was poking fun at somebody for the sting job they did with the wings. I thought "all you have to do is line them up pretty for the photo. Nobody is going to know it's out of tune!" :D

:D
I know but I can't believe I never thought of it. I think I'm gonna start a thread tomorrow of photos with botched Winged tuners..... Hell is all over Reverb as we speak. I mean REALLY bad ones .... strings wraparound and stuff like that

I know but I can't believe I never thought of it. I think I'm gonna start a thread tomorrow of photos with botched Winged tuners..... Hell is all over Reverb as we speak. I mean REALLY bad ones .... strings wraparound and stuff like that
Oh yeah, Sargent de Blanc is our resident Wing Officer and he likes to post and critique the gross errors of the amateurs. In all seriousness, it took me a while to get the hang of how to get them to catch, and a while longer to figure that a folded piece of paper under the bridge that literally tilts it up while stringing, was the only way to get it close to the Sergio Christmas ideal. I've got the hang of it now, but still consider swapping them out for the locking ones on all my other PRS guitars. I mean, the wings are cool, and old school and all, but I prefer the new ones.

Oh yeah, Sargent de Blanc is our resident Wing Officer and he likes to post and critique the gross errors of the amateurs. In all seriousness, it took me a while to get the hang of how to get them to catch, and a while longer to figure that a folded piece of paper under the bridge that literally tilts it up while stringing, was the only way to get it close to the Sergio Christmas ideal. I've got the hang of it now, but still consider swapping them out for the locking ones on all my other PRS guitars. I mean, the wings are cool, and old school and all, but I prefer the new ones.
I’m used to the wings because my first PRS was bought early 1990 and my first four or five were all with wings. Do you remember what year they came out with phase 2?

Back