NUGD a special 594

Andrew Paul

The cat's meow
When I discovered the listing I called the store regarding the neck profile (carve) for this guitar, it was listed as “C”. What did that mean, could it be different than the 594 pattern vintage? Sure enough they checked the PS certificate for me and it said wide-thin.
Score! My favorite neck profiles are pattern and wide-thin. Not a huge fan of wide-fat and pattern vintage although I own/owned and play guitars with those profiles. Pattern vintage and wide-fat can fatigue my hand quicker and I always hoped PRS would produce 594’s with different neck profiles and BAM.. there it was. I moved a few of my “less played” guitars to get this one. I’ve been playing it a few days now and totally bonding with it. Neck profile reminds me of my 1990 and 91 custom 24’s.

I love the Private Stock build, flame maple neck/headstock binding is beautiful, Brazilian rosewood fingerboard/headstock-veneer/tuner buttons, figured mahogany neck, back wood is lightweight African ribbon mahogany, and a dirty looking curly maple top. Such a beautiful and great playing high end instrument. Happy days!

ezrI73c.jpg

PkX2AIL.jpg

gOzHyiH.jpg

qEdIURi.jpg

memcfij.jpg

c5ZtIqV.jpg

That is such a tastefully put together PS. Some just have too much going on for my taste though your new score looks amazing. Everything looks just right and "enough" extra to set it apart. That headstock (veneer, binding, tuning buttons, etc.) is incredible. This has to be one of the most impressive PS I have seen. Congrats!

Back