NUGD: 594 #2

RobTheBub

With the ink barely dry on my previous NGD, I am starting to realize that 594 addiction is a very real thing. Having bought a "dream guitar level" DC semi-hollow 594 just a month ago, the thought of getting a SC594 solid body some time in the distant future started growing. I guess the future is now. A SC594 popped up that I just could not let slip away. And then I saw the back of the head stock and realized its a sibling of my DC594. Born on the same day, with consecutive serials. How could I not reunite them?

UmHHGYBh.jpg

More photos very shortly, this work day can not end soon enough. It used to belong to a forum member so will be well known to some of you.

Last edited:
Meant to be! Congrats on the new add. 594 hoarding is a documented phenomenon... though mostly documented by PRS dealers! There are certainly worse afflictions in the world. :)

Congrats, 594 scale length and Pattern Vintage neck carve are game changers!

Nice score(s)! Of course, now you need an all hog version.....

That’s not vibrato. It’s the guitars wailing for joy..

Congrats! I know how good these 594’ are.

Wow! Consecutive serials - and PS? Count me impressed.

They aren't siblings - they're twins!

=K

They are twins but definitely not identical :cool:

Interesting that the private stock # is over 1000 difference but the actual serial is consecutive and same day.

This has me equally surprised. I always thought that PS #s were sequentially assigned as the builds are started. But I have seen many examples of this, where PS guitars are completed with PS numbers out of order with huge spans. Anyone that knows more can perhaps weigh in? Do certain guitars take way more time to complete? I assume serial number is assigned at the very end, just before the guitar is completed.

Got very busy at work so with the little time I had yesterday I prioritized playing over posting! Here she is!

N3bO4Dhh.jpg

She is "lightly aged" so just a little patina on the HW. No dings or wear on the finish but the nitro is checked. I am not a "relic" guy at all but on this one, it just works.

Last edited:
They are twins but definitely not identical :cool:

This has me equally surprised. I always thought that PS #s were sequentially assigned as the builds are started. But I have seen many examples of this, where PS guitars are completed with PS numbers out of order with huge spans. Anyone that knows more can perhaps weigh in? Do certain guitars take way more time to complete? I assume serial number is assigned at the very end, just before the guitar is completed.
The PS # is assigned when the order is taken. Sometimes a dealer will take a big block because they go and do some house builds and some customer builds. If a build gets cancelled, that PS # can be recycled - I got one of these in one of my vault visits. This had my relatively low number get started after a bunch of others with higher numbers.

And then, yes; some private stocks take much longer to build than others.

Got very busy at work so with the little time I had yesterday I prioritized playing over posting! Here she is!

N3bO4Dhl.jpg

She is "lightly aged" so just a little patina on the HW. No dings or wear on the finish but the nitro is checked. I am not a "relic" guy at all but on this one, it just works.
LOVE IT!!!
Block Birds…mmmm

Back