NTTD......looking for suggestions!

told the misses about this and she says rock music on vinyl is pointless (because there's no mixing).

I've got one of the newer pressings of Abbey Road. It sounds excellent on my turntable.

They’re great recordings in any case, right?

My old copy’s from the very early days, and is a UK pressing, as is the Partybaby record. I always liked British and European pressings, as the weight was a little heavier (less warping), and the vinyl wasn’t recycled, as it used to be here.

I’ve got no appreciable wear on the Abbey Road record, because I was that guy who’d only use high end phono cartridges and turntables with it back in the day, and it’s been kept in a vinyl lined sleeve.

Jamie took a bunch of my old records when he went out to LA years ago, but I’ve still got a decent selection left, though mostly what’s here is classical Deutsche Gramophon, Phillips, and a variety of Blue Note and CTI jazz. A lot of it’s out-of-print, and isn’t available in any other format.

I’ll note that in my local Detroit area, Third Man Records (owned by Jack White) has set up a pressing facility for vinyl. I’m told it’s doing a brisk business.

Waiting for the Hemispheres box set to show up sometime today. RCA to 1/4 adaptors came in the mail earlier. TT is hooked up to the Yamaha monitors, and I'm blasting some "Are You Experienced". A good way to pop the cherry. Gotta say, this LP sounds a lot better than the Mono version I had back in the late 70s!

Nice! I've got some new vinyl, but I also have a stack of old Johnny Cash records that my late father-in-law wanted me to have (because of what Johnny Cash means to me). I have a few things stacked up to listen to, but just haven't taken the time.

Back