NSD

László

Too Many Notes
New Soapbar 594 Day! Woo-hoo!

Somehow I snagged the Black Gold one PRS photographed for its web page on this model, so instead of trying to link my lame iPhone pics via an annoying server, I'm just going to let PRS' photos of the guitar speak for themselves. Here's the link, the guitar does look like the pics:

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/core/mccarty_594_soapbar_2017

I haven't had a lot of time with the guitar yet, but I did sneak down to the studio for a few hours with it when it arrived. It's really a sweet instrument!

Tone's great, sustain off the chart -- blew me away when I heard the first chord ring out -- vintage sound, and yet with the modern PRS feel, and a bit more articulation and definition than something like my '65 SG Special; it's definitely also more vintage sounding than my former McCarty Soapbars or CU22 Soapbar.

I'll post some clips in a few days, but it really sounds just like the guitars in the demos on the PRS site, except those guys play better than I do! It works very well with my amps, the PRS DG30 and HXDA amps, and the Mesa Lone Star 100. It also works well with my pedals, a trait of Soapies that I love.

Mine's the lightest guitar I own, so that's great for my back. It sounds sweet, it plays great, and it looks the business. What's not to like?

One bonus of getting a guitar that was used in a PRS photo shoot is that the guitar is remarkably flawless in every possible way. It's gorgeous in person. But it also sounds stellar, and that's the bottom line.

I need to work with it more to give better descriptions, but so far, I'm really digging it. I plan to use it on a lot of projects. :)

Last edited:
Les with the connections in high places, and one heck of a pretty new guitar to show for it!

Les with the connections in high places, and one heck of a pretty new guitar to show for it!

Not really. Jack Gretz had it on his website. I saw it and fell in love. I just got lucky; in fact, I didn't know it was the one on the PRS site until someone told me.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, guys! I'm really happy about it. The thing just rings! I played it without an amp for a while tonight, and man, oh man! Like a bell.

Black gold burst is my favorite PRS core color, though I've not yet landed one. I almost got a 408 10 top in Black Gold burst but ended up with my 408 Standard cause it's tone blew every other 408 in the store off the wall. That color makes the flames look extra holographic like a Tiger's eye stone.

I'm also a lover of P90's yet don't currently own a guitar with one installed at the moment. I will remedy this when I start seeing the 594 Soaps used, I just can't swing a new one yet as I'm still paying down the 594 I got this winter (It should be paid off by October). Great score Les! I'm sure you'll find lots of applications for those tones.

Congrats Les on this new stellar addition that rounds up your tonal spectrum requirements, plus she's gorgeous
The sisters are jealous for sure.
looking forward for your detailed tone report sometime in the near future.

Back