NRNGD...Cu 24...Surprise “10”...With gut shots...

I’ve looked VERY closely. There is nothing either stamped or written there. Not sure when they started stamping or writing the 10 for ten tops....someone here will know. Perhaps they did not do this for special orders...like current wood library runs which don’t have “10” on the headstock even when they are ten-tops? Maybe I’ll inquire with customer service on the SN and see what they have...but it’s a killer guitar either way.

I doubt customer service will have info on such an old guitar, but IMHO that top stands proudly next to the Private Stocks in your collection.

I’ve looked VERY closely. There is nothing either stamped or written there. Not sure when they started stamping or writing the 10 for ten tops....someone here will know. Perhaps they did not do this for special orders...like current wood library runs which don’t have “10” on the headstock even when they are ten-tops? Maybe I’ll inquire with customer service on the SN and see what they have...but it’s a killer guitar either way.

My 89 LOOKS like it should be a 10 top but I can't find a 10 on it anywhere.

I have 2 customs from 1991. So this one looks very familiar :D The tonecontrol instead of sweetswitch was an option and so was the trem uproute, the 10 top and the gold hardware. And the "10" on the tip of the headstock is very hard to see on mine also.
And congrats on the christmas tree. well done :p

I think there are other examples of 10 being found in the pickup cavity, but not on the headstock. I think the consensus was it means they were potential 10 tops but didn’t make the final grade.

10, non-10... sometimes easy to tell. Sometimes not so much.

I get more confused when it comes to Artist Package, Wood Library, etc. my new 509 AP does not have a 10 on the headstock.

p.s. I call thos mineral streaks voodoo veins. Very cool top.

First crack at a string change with wings....

Well...how did I do Sergio???

ansopo6.jpg

Looking pretty fresh after her makeover...
XsKLenv.jpg

She takes her place at the head of the line with her younger sisters...age before beauty...or is she the most beautiful too???
n5l4S3B.jpg
She comes adorned with gold accessories, she is special indeed
What a gem!!

Hey Red Guitars...I don't think the "10" was ever noted/marked on Artist Package guitars...and I'd assume the same for Wood Library...???
Those Tops should be nice enough so its not necessary.:D:D:D

Back