NRNGD...Cu 24...Surprise “10”...With gut shots...

Tosca

Zombie 10, DFZ
Not really NGD...I already posted about this cool 91 Custom 24 when I picked her up at CME last October. She was pretty clean, and strings/setup were good, so I was too busy enjoying her to properly take her apart for the full “Tosca Spa Treatment”. Found a few pleasant surprises....

Gold hardware in really nice shape, especially after a quick going over with Maas Polish.
xnpOHLJ.jpg

Y4mkmyT.jpg

Just love the red finish on the backs of these old PRSi...digging that small heel and WIde Thin neck profile...
YqvmOVn.jpg

And “the man’s” signature...
6NREgkZ.jpg

And Solid shell birds....
g74FkeU.jpg

LxlUGbW.jpg

The top...nicely figured...and just full of character with lots of mineral streaks...
Bnggsse.jpg

88TNxDd.jpg

But what secrets would be waiting inside????

Last edited:
I already posted about this cool 91 Custom 24 when I picked it up at CME last October. It was pretty clean, and strings/setup were good, so I was too busy enjoying it to properly take it apart for the full “Tosca Spa Treatment”. Found a few pleasant surprises....

Gold hardware in really nice shape, especially after a quick going over with Maas Polish.
xnpOHLJ.jpg

Y4mkmyT.jpg

Just love the red finish on the backs of these old PRSi...digging that small heel and WIde Thin neck profile...
YqvmOVn.jpg

And “the man’s” signature...
6NREgkZ.jpg

And Solid shell birds....
g74FkeU.jpg

LxlUGbW.jpg

The top...nicely figured...and just full of character with lots of mineral streaks...
Bnggsse.jpg

88TNxDd.jpg

But what secrets would be waiting inside????
Just. Killer.

Was wondering which pickups she had...they sure sound good...

XzrJxkM.jpg

XRYZrNo.jpg

Any “secrets” in the pickup cavities????

Apparently she is a secret “10”....not stamped on headstock...but I suspected this...
cVT1G3d.jpg

Very minimal finish fade evident under either pickup ring....
Hw3JyMg.jpg

Answers one question...8/16/1991....

But who are Brian, “ATS” and “TLEE”????
I’m sure some of the forum veterans here will fill in the blanks for me.

And how about this cool trem uproute...I’m thinking she was a special order....
dcXgDZg.jpg

GLuofXf.jpg

Last edited:
First crack at a string change with wings....

Well...how did I do Sergio???

ansopo6.jpg

Looking pretty fresh after her makeover...
XsKLenv.jpg

She takes her place at the head of the line with her younger sisters...age before beauty...or is she the most beautiful too???
n5l4S3B.jpg

Did you check if the "10" is slightly embossed at the back of the headstock. They did not always marked them with the same pen as the s/n.
On my 1992 it is not very visible unless you really look for it.
qbpFgep.jpg

I’ve looked VERY closely. There is nothing either stamped or written there. Not sure when they started stamping or writing the 10 for ten tops....someone here will know. Perhaps they did not do this for special orders...like current wood library runs which don’t have “10” on the headstock even when they are ten-tops? Maybe I’ll inquire with customer service on the SN and see what they have...but it’s a killer guitar either way.

Back