NPSGG!!!!! Co-Co Monster Santana!!!!

Tosca

Zombie 10, DFZ
Received my Cocobolo Santana Retro from Brian's guitars today...could not be more stoked and blown away by this instrument. Some of you may have already seen the "pro" pics on Brian's Guitars site or FB page...so you'll already know why. I'll just post my own amateur efforts here. It's a complete knockout!!! Many thanks to Brian, Paul, Tina, Matt, Skitchy, Eric...just everyone at PRS who were all so nice to me, and obviously poured their best efforts into something really special here.

Specs:
Santana Retro Semi-Hollow (No F-holes) with Piezo Trem bridge
Body: Cocobolo top, Blister Quilt Mahogany back
Neck: Solid BRW, 92 Million SH Modulus Graphite truss rod, Pre-factory Santana Carve
Fretwire: McCarty Singlecut.
FB/HS: Cocobolo, Koa binding around both.
Inlays: Gold MOP "J" birds/PS Eagle with black/gold web centers.
Pickups: 58/15
Controls: V/T, Piezo Vol, 2 miniswitch for coil tap, 1 for piezo/blend
High Gloss Nitro

It all began here last May:

With this little pile of wood (Forum member Kevin "kes7U" has the "sister top" on his most recent excellent P245 SH Private Stock).

A few precious glimpses on PSF along the way (fortunately there were a few appearances of Kevin's guitar to hold me over as well)...

Last edited:
Tosca, said it before, that is indeed one MONSTER build. CocoLiscious! I did not follow the history of the build, but what truly unique specs for a stunning one-of-a-kinder. Play and enjoy her in good health for many many lifetimes to come!

Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous. And that case is dynamite. Ssssssssexy!

That is unbelievably nice. Each piece of wood is special on its own, but a masterpiece all together. Congrats on a breathtaking guitar.

I like the switching config too!

Thanks for the nice comments all. Looking forward to some playing/recording this weekend.

God, that's incredible. And that's the coolest case I've seen. Did you spec the case?

For sure. The choices available are staggering...it took me quite a while to narrow it down. I got a matching PRS 2X12 cab in the meantime. Can't wait to hear this new guitar wailing through my HX/DA and the new cab.

I'm at a loss for words. More beautiful than I was even expecting!! Excellent choices. Congratulations, and play the heck out of it!!!

The force is strong with that one....
Hello Leia.....
DSC_1571.jpg

Last edited:
Back