NPSGD: ICEBERG DRAGON'S BREATH SEMI-HOLLOW DGT PS # 6077

It has arrived. It is sensational. Check the boss case:
IMG_7559.jpg

Brown Crocodile in the house. Now you have to realize, I specified this in October 2015 and got some head scratching as a response. Seen any of these lately? You betcha... http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php..._month_march_2016_maple_top_singlecut_archtop

IMG_0267.jpg

I don't know what they put on these guitars before they ship them, but I think it's guitar crack. Here's a closer look at the body:

IMG_0479.jpg

I don't think these pictures quite reflect how much Teal there is in the blue fade. It looks mighty good. It looks like something Gandalf would play.

I pulled this out and plugged it into my Fuchs ODS II. I then realized I had built a fire breathing dragon. These DGT pickups are HOT, with a very formidable low gain boost. I had to check the floor to make sure I hadn't stepped on a pedal! Even with the ebony board and maple neck, this guitar is huge sounding. I am also a DGT electronics virgin, so the volume controls work differently then I had anticipated. It will take some getting used to, but this guitar shouts angrily in full blast, but cleans up tremendously when rolled back. This is also my introduction to covered humbuckers, as all of my previous guitars have uncovered pickups. I love them. There's a fatness underneath it all unlike my other instruments. Like it's laden with harmonic armour.

The Gen III tremelo is setup with 5 springs as requested. I usually go with 4, but I wanted this guitar to be solid as a rock, and it's very stable. The sustain on this bridge is totally insane. Days. Yes, days. Anyone who owns a PS20th will say they told me so. WOW.

More later. I'd like to fire up my Mark V and run her through that for a while. I'll let you know what I find out. Cheers.

It has arrived. It is sensational. Check the boss case:
IMG_7559.jpg

Brown Crocodile in the house. Now you have to realize, I specified this in October 2015 and got some head scratching as a response. Seen any of these lately? You betcha... http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php..._month_march_2016_maple_top_singlecut_archtop

IMG_0267.jpg

I don't know what they put on these guitars before they ship them, but I think it's guitar crack. Here's a closer look at the body:

IMG_0479.jpg

I don't think these pictures quite reflect how much Teal there is in the blue fade. It looks mighty good. It looks like something Gandalf would play.

I pulled this out and plugged it into my Fuchs ODS II. I then realized I had built a fire breathing dragon. These DGT pickups are HOT, with a very formidable low gain boost. I had to check the floor to make sure I hadn't stepped on a pedal! Even with the ebony board and maple neck, this guitar is huge sounding. I am also a DGT electronics virgin, so the volume controls work differently then I had anticipated. It will take some getting used to, but this guitar shouts angrily in full blast, but cleans up tremendously when rolled back. This is also my introduction to covered humbuckers, as all of my previous guitars have uncovered pickups. I love them. There's a fatness underneath it all unlike my other instruments. Like it's laden with harmonic armour.

The Gen III tremelo is setup with 5 springs as requested. I usually go with 4, but I wanted this guitar to be solid as a rock, and it's very stable. The sustain on this bridge is totally insane. Days. Yes, days. Anyone who owns a PS20th will say they told me so. WOW.

More later. I'd like to fire up my Mark V and run her through that for a while. I'll let you know what I find out. Cheers.
Oh yeah! So very killer!

Oh yeah! So very killer!
Thanks, bodia. I'm not worthy.

I see mixed info about the DGT pickups, but saw on one chart that the coil is alnico 2 and the slug is alnico 5. Anyone have more info on that? I also see outputs listed for the treble pickup anywhere between 9K and 11K. Seems like quite a spread. ???

Being a relative newb to the forum, I wasn’t born when this thread came into existence!

I have a photo of your guitar, on my phone, taken from google. It’s an image that puts a big stupid grin on my face each time I look at it or show someone.

Amazing guitar to look at and I bet she sounds and feels amazing.

Congrats!

Thanks

Looks amazing!The detail I love the most about the PS guitars is the maple binding on the neck.Does anyone know if that is a channel bound ala fender or if maple is used as binding material?

Being a relative newb to the forum, I wasn’t born when this thread came into existence!

I have a photo of your guitar, on my phone, taken from google. It’s an image that puts a big stupid grin on my face each time I look at it or show someone.

Amazing guitar to look at and I bet she sounds and feels amazing.

Congrats!

Thanks
That’s great. I can’t tell you how many photos of PSF I have. It’s all the magic. Enjoy!

Last edited:
That’s great. I can’t tell you how many phots of PSF I have. It’s all the magic. Enjoy!
It’s so great to know there’s someone on the forum who has this amazing guitar.

I should clarify, the photo of your guitar has been on my phone for some time now, well before I joined the forum.

Looks amazing!The detail I love the most about the PS guitars is the maple binding on the neck.Does anyone know if that is a channel bound ala fender or if maple is used as binding material?
Most every detail of a Private Stock is up for specification. I spec’d curly maple for this binding and Paua abalone purfling for the board and header. It flows nicely with the scraped maple body binding and is easier to see in my opinion. And it looks badass!

Last edited:
I still remember seeing the first iceberg stain (cross-fade) on a singlecut in a PRS Facebook post. I think to date that photo has garnered the most likes on the PRS FB page! Amazing stain.

I still remember seeing the first iceberg stain (cross-fade) on a singlecut in a PRS Facebook post. I think to date that photo has garnered the most likes on the PRS FB page! Amazing stain.
I recall that photo. It's what made me choose it for this guitar. I waffled for quite a while in the build process, but I'm glad I stuck with it. Seeing the stain artist at the Experience event for a pre-stain discussion set the course straight for victory. Perfect timing.

Back