NPSGD: ICEBERG DRAGON'S BREATH SEMI-HOLLOW DGT PS # 6077

Nice!! Dragon's breath fade even on the Back Plates!! Now that is attention to detail. Congratulations!

Kevin

Thanks to all for the love fest.

I'll post the spec sheet when I get a picture of it, but one thing surprised me when I saw the photos: chrome covers. I ordered chrome covers from the outset but was told they weren't available on DGT pickups, so I settled for brushed nickel. Someone in setup must have seen the light and switched them, and I must say, they bang fantastically against those curly maple mounting rings.

Boo and yah!

Dooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddddddddddddeeeeeeeee! We're not worthy.....we're not worthy!!

Slammin' hot! Congrats on an outta the park build.

Holy *%#! me running with a chainsaw. :eek::cool:

That ticks off so many of my PS list items. When you get your hands on it, I'm curious how the maple neck influences the DGT motif. Grand slam, bud...grand slam.
I'll let you know. At one point in the spec process, I suggested that we make it a 24.5 inch scale, at which point Paul and Tina informed me that we were no longer building a DGT. It's tough not to go so one-off that you create your own monster, and that may or may not be a good thing. That said, I thought if I wanted a DGT, I'd buy a DGT from the core department. When in Private Stock, when you have the special sauce on the menu, I like to shake it and spread it, just enough. I personally love maple necks and ebony boards, so I'm excited to see what the semi-hollow DGT can do with them. I figure if there's too much treble on tap, that's what the handy tone knobs are for. This guitar has three (two Vol, one tone = all tone). So I reined it in just enough. We'll see how she sings. I think she'll sound just fine.

I put this build to paper right before the 594 was announced. Damned if I don't hanker for that sound, too. The 594 that walked onto the stage during Paulh's band's show at Experience sounded insane, it was beautiful. But that's for another day.

Last edited:
There is so much goodness in that guitar! Love the finish. Love the semi-hollowness. Love the backplates. Beauty!

Back