NPSGD: "FRACTIS ALIS ANGELI"..."ANGELS WITH BROKEN WINGS"

I forgot to add the 20th Anniversary birds (my favorite birds of all time) and PS Eagle are Gold MOP centers with MOP outlines. Here's a close-up of the header.

IMG_3653.JPG

Even though this guitar sports amazingly different types and colors of wood, the way it is finished blends them together in such subtlety, it's fascinating. It honestly doesn't look exactly like I'd envisioned it, but that's because those PS builders are just wizards. They can see beyond the mark.

Last edited:
Wow. Just wow. Awesome build! Looks uber-fantastic! Love the different woods! Wow.

You finally posted something that makes me stop looking at your avatar! Man that is smokin! (the guitar)

WOW. Top 5 amazing guitars I've ever seen. At least. As someone else put it, THAT is what PS is for.

Yo, can I post one of these pics on the PRS Facebook? Let me know what dealer took them so I can give credit where credit is due.

Great build - it was fun to watch through production.

Seeing guitars like this that are so amazing, I wonder why nobody has had an exhibit of PRS in the art museums.

Yo, can I post one of these pics on the PRS Facebook? Let me know what dealer took them so I can give credit where credit is due.

Great build - it was fun to watch through production.

Of course, Hunter, you guys built it! Props go to Doug Diamond of Wild West Guitars for wood selection.

I'm not a fancy top kind of guy but that is just outrageously cool! :) Congratulations!

I'm very curious about the tonal character this axe will have, especially with the Cocobolo top and Ash semi-hollow body combo. Anyone heard something of that combination? The top was so badass looking I couldn't say no, and for some reason couldn't do Mahogany for the back on this build, although I love the mahogany sound.

I'm very curious about the tonal character this axe will have, especially with the Cocobolo top and Ash semi-hollow body combo. Anyone heard something of that combination? The top was so badass looking I couldn't say no, and for some reason couldn't do Mahogany for the back on this build, although I love the mahogany sound.
You'll be able to let us know soon enough. My rosewood top didn't darken the sound nearly as much as I was afraid it would. I expect it will be nice and rich with strong low and mid harmonics.

Back